Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I really enjoyed the whole match. Test cricket is my favourite form of cricket .  Especially when you have a match between two evenly matched teams with variety in the attack’s and spinners. England v Pakistan always brings interesting cricket. Can’t wait for the rest of the series. 

• Like 2

Stokes out of the rest of the series for personal reasons. Do they just replace him with Crawley. Maybe rest Anderson because hes  looking his age now and maybe bring in Curran for variety and the fact he can bat. What to do about Bess I dont know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Stokes out of the rest of the series for personal reasons. Do they just replace him with Crawley. Maybe rest Anderson because hes  looking his age now and maybe bring in Curran for variety and the fact he can bat. What to do about Bess I dont know. 

I guess it depends on the pitch at Hampshire. Bess they need to leave in, I think. Crawley for Stokes, yeah. Bat him at 3, Root at 4. Either Curran or Wood for Jimmy depending on the pitch. Or maybe Curran for Jimmy & Wood for Archer.

• Like 1

Going back to country cricket for a moment, I quite like the regional format being used this year. 3 divisions of 6 counties. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Another good win for the Pears. 

Top of their league, above a very good Somerset. 

Thanks in part to Warwicks (cheers, chaps) and some Birmingham rain! :D

Edit: Pears v Bears starts on Saturday.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Magnificent innings from Crawley this, fair play to the lad. Variety of shots and discipline, has kept busy and now he and Buttler have made a lot.of hay v weary fielders. Put us in a chance to get 450 and keep Pakistan out of the game.

• Like 2

On 18/08/2020 at 23:08, snowychap said:

Thanks in part to Warwicks (cheers, chaps) and some Birmingham rain! :D

Edit: Pears v Bears starts on Saturday.

Fingers crossed we can beat the dirty bears. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Magnificent innings from Crawley this, fair play to the lad. 

Only his 4th century of his career! He's done very well 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Burns seems to have gone to shit. 

I'd still play him but he's overdue a good knock

Shaheen has had his number, bit like Broad v Warner. A tough one for him but yeah he'll be hoping for a good series in Sri Lanka or India. 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Only his 4th century of his career! He's done very well 

Yes, I was quite surprised when I looked at his stats.

I admit to not having seen much of him, even this summer. He looks quite a player. A decent technique and quite an aggressive mindset.

He reminded me of Vaughan. Would be huge if we've found a young number three.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Burns seems to have gone to shit. 

I'd still play him but he's overdue a good knock

Pope and Root as well to an extent. We're fortunate that others have stuck around to prevent collapses. 450 and some big wickets before the close would be brilliant, if we get some decent play today. 200 for Crawley and 150 for Butler would be sweet.

Â