Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bowl and chase it is then!

We'll be chasing about 260.

What do you reckon?

All out for 190?

Yes draw is out of the equation now. Make Pakistan slight favourites. Still think Root made a few mistakes, taking Woakes off when he was bowling so well and keeping Bess on when he was bowling like a drip. 

Obviously need to bowl them out quickly tomorrow and maybe Sibley and burns bat out of the crease against Abbas. Force the keeper to stand up. I think Abbas and the spinners the main threat.

Poor bowling from archer this morning, leaked possibly valuable runs easily. 

After bouncing on to the scene I’m not sure I’m convinced by him yet, honestly I think he was rushed into the side due to publicity (and potential of course) but if you drop him now how does that affect his confidence?

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Poor bowling from archer this morning, leaked possibly valuable runs easily. 

After bouncing on to the scene I’m not sure I’m convinced by him yet, honestly I think he was rushed into the side due to publicity (and potential of course) but if you drop him now how does that affect his confidence?

Maybe it isnt that 90+ MPH bowler we thought he was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

With Stokes goes the test I think. 

The slightest touch of glove and gone.

Yes 1 wicket brings three. Just need one 100 run partnership and we'll be close.

Can't believe they won that from where they were. 

Amazing partnership between Woakes and Buttler. 

Mind you the winning shot from Woakes could have gone a slip on another day.  That would have made it interesting. 

• Like 1

Very poor from Woakes today .the Selectors will undoubtedly drop him and scour :- Essex ,Middlesex, Kent, Sussex, Surrey for someone I've never heard of to replace him !!😀:) . (possibly even Lancashire 2nds)

• Like 1

Just now, Milfner said:

Genuinely think Chris Woakes is the most underrated cricketer of his generation. 100+ runs, 25 overs for just 54 runs and 4 wickets. Sensational. 

He’s a quiet person. Really good cricketer though 

• Like 1

Â