Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Leach turning down singles and then Foakes does that. **** typical England. Just take the runs. I beg that we can get some top bowlers who can actually bat competently. Having a 3 man useless tail is so frustrating.

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

**** pathetic. I don't want to see Leach in an England shirt again. Absolute **** coward with the bat 

He played well. Got 8 wickets and nearly saw Foakes through when the game looked lost. Not his job to light the place up with his batting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

He played well. Got 8 wickets and nearly saw Foakes through when the game looked lost. Not his job to light the place up with his batting.

Multiple times he could have got a single but he and Foakes let the pressure build by not just playing it normally. Then Foakes stupidly skies it so renders it moot. If bowlers can't hold a bat there's no place for them in the modern game. You need all 10 wickets otherwise you just get to watch some tit flounder about for ages somehow not getting out 

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Multiple times he could have got a single but he and Foakes let the pressure build by not just playing it normally. Then Foakes stupidly skies it so renders it moot. If bowlers can't hold a bat there's no place for them in the modern game. You need all 10 wickets otherwise you just get to watch some tit flounder about for ages somehow not getting out 

Ah right, so there's no place for Jimmy Anderson in test cricket. Haha, engage brain before posting

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Ah right, so there's no place for Jimmy Anderson in test cricket. Haha, engage brain before posting

England's batting lineup can carry Jimmy Anderson. England can't carry Jimmy Anderson, Jack Leach and Stuart Broad.

If you want several more years of Leach out there then fair play to you, but I **** don't 

31 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

England's batting lineup can carry Jimmy Anderson. England can't carry Jimmy Anderson, Jack Leach and Stuart Broad.

If you want several more years of Leach out there then fair play to you, but I **** don't 

If two more runs were scored you wouldn't have posted this.... This is a fine example of reactionary hyperbole 

Its been nice seeing a test that could go either way right to the end after this Australian summer though to be honest. I haven't really been engaging too much with international cricket this year so first time really seeing England's new approach, Ashes should be good fun later in the year.

• Like 2

England vs New Zealand in any format normally throws up some classics. As much as it was dreadful to lose from the position England were in, that was an amazing advert for Test cricket. Well done the Kiwis for battling to the end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

England vs New Zealand in any format normally throws up some classics. As much as it was dreadful to lose from the position England were in, that was an amazing advert for Test cricket. Well done the Kiwis for battling to the end. 

Yes Dave  wonderfull  game of text cricket. Congratulations to the winners. 

• Like 1

On the wrong side of it, but it's always nice to see that level of emotion in test cricket.  Usually, you know where the match is heading some way in advance and an inevitable victory just feels... well, yeah, inevitable.  This was a cracker.

Â