Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

4 hours ago, robby b said:

Oh. 😕

I think I read the other day that this is their sixth test match in their history. So from what you say they must have all been overseas. Have a feeling a few of them may have been in NZ.

We played 1 at home but our weather conditions is really not cricket friendly

• Thanks 1

Update: Ireland are good at hitting England for six! Actually, if they had a few top bowlers then they could have won this match given that they scored nearly 200 in their 1st innings and are now over 200 in their 2nd.

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Update: Ireland are good at hitting England for six! Actually, if they had a few top bowlers then they could have won this match given that they scored nearly 200 in their 1st innings and are now over 200 in their 2nd.

Getting bowled out for 172 on a pitch that England then scored 524-4 at better than a run a ball suggests that their batting isn’t particularly great.

If anything the fact that the Irish 7th wicket partnership is now at over 100 shows how easy it is to score on this pitch.

Christ on a bike.  Notts Outlaws scored 214 in the T20 which Birmingham Bears have to chase down. 

Cricket scores are insane these days. More than 10 an over! 

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Christ on a bike.  Notts Outlaws scored 214 in the T20 which Birmingham Bears have to chase down. 

🐻  Go on you bears!

I did not know there were bears in Birmingham! 😮

8 minutes ago, robby b said:

🐻  Go on you bears!

All I am saying is don't go into the woods round here unless you're wearing a stout pair of wellies. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, robby b said:

Go down Hurst Street after midnight. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Don’t know why Yates got dropped when we had won all 4 with him opening, was dropped for Ali who hasn’t got one good score or wicket yet, need to get Yates back in for Benjamin who also hasn’t got one decent score yet, the bowling has been woeful 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Don’t know why Yates got dropped when we had won all 4 with him opening, was dropped for Ali who hasn’t got one good score or wicket yet, need to get Yates back in for Benjamin who also hasn’t got one decent score yet, the bowling has been woeful 

Hoped for much better things when they picked up Hales early on. But  at least Warks are consistent; 4 wins without Ali as Captain - 2 defeats with him as Captain. It strikes me he is doing the work of two men; unfortunately it's Laurel and Hardy! 

1 hour ago, veloman said:

Hoped for much better things when they picked up Hales early on. But  at least Warks are consistent; 4 wins without Ali as Captain - 2 defeats with him as Captain. It strikes me he is doing the work of two men; unfortunately it's Laurel and Hardy! 

Worcestershire secret agent. 

Just play Woakes instead. Contrary to all the bizarre leach eulogising on the commentary his record under Mccullum is still quite poor. Its also a home series. Root can bowl enough spin. Stokes won't bowl much if at all so having a 4th seamer makes more sense. Broad Anderson Robinson and Woakes. Swap out one of them for Wood / Tongue etc for pitches where we need a bit more pace.

Blessing in disguise for me

• Like 1

Â