Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

14 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

**** pathetic. I don't want to see Leach in an England shirt again. Absolute **** coward with the bat 

We can't win every game. If any blame can be assigned, then it should be someone like Crawley, who doesn't score enough.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well chaps, there's just no easy way to say this.

I'm wrong, he's level with Steve Waugh ay 10,927.

I've cost us the test.

I apologise wholeheartedly, I wentearly and credited Root with an extra run at that moment.

The VT curse has sprung to life immediately and we've lost by.....that one run.

My bad.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I apologise wholeheartedly, I wentearly and credited Root with an extra run at that moment.

The VT curse has sprung to life immediately and we've lost by.....that one run.

My bad.

You need to apologise to our Jimmy. It happened to him at Headingly against Sri Lanka in a game I went to about 9 or 10 years ago, too. I hope you didn't do anything then either?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We didn't really bat well enough and you'd expect Bangladesh to take it from here.

Haven't we lost two in a row to these lot now?

I thought we were supposed to be good.

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Haven't we lost two in a row to these lot now?

I thought we were supposed to be good.

One ODI and one T20 in a row, we won the ODI series 2-1 and I’d expect us to win the T20 series too despite losing today.

The one-day form seems to be suffering a bit though in general I think at the moment.

I thought they were a bit complacent, if not arrogant in not replacing the injured batsmen and played too many bits and pieces cricketers.  Bangladesh are a decent side these days, I think the ODI series was the first home series they lost in the last 7 so they shouldn't have taken them that lightly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought they were a bit complacent, if not arrogant in not replacing the injured batsmen and played too many bits and pieces cricketers.  Bangladesh are a decent side these days, I think the ODI series was the first home series they lost in the last 7 so they shouldn't have taken them that lightly.

Yeah, and next-door to cricket mad India too. Plus, although I knew that Bangladesh is the country with the highest population density in the world, what I didn't know till today is that it also has the eighth biggest population! 165 million! (In that little land area, blimey). So this makes me feel a little better about losing 3-0 to them.

Just as well it was only a three match series. 🙄

Edited by robby b

• 1 month later...

Can't believe The Bears are going to blow this. Put themselves in an incredible position to win the game after losing an entire days play but just can't get the final couple of wickets.  Agonising. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, wow.  A stunning bowling performance from The Bears. 

When I started lunch they'd declared after losing a whole days play and got Hampshire into bat, they were 26 for 1. Now Hampshire are 34 for 7

Victory looked very unlikely even with a massive lead but they've put themselves right into it now. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wow, wow.  A stunning bowling performance from The Bears. 

When I started lunch they'd declared after losing a whole days play and got Hampshire into bat, they were 26 for 1. Now Hampshire are 34 for 7

Victory looked very unlikely even with a massive lead but they've put themselves right into it now. 

Chris Rushworth did the main damage. Looks like a cracking signing. Stunning result.

• Like 2

Wow.  Warwickshire and Rushworth at it again.

Lost most of the days play so you suspect it will be a draw.  The Bears put Essex into bat.

I checked a shot while ago and after a couple of early wickets they had Essex 70 something for 2.  Just looked in again and Essex are 76 for 5. Rushworth has 4.

It's unbelievable Jeff.

Could they possible bowl them out tonight?  Would be amazing.  Plenty more rain delays in this match yet though I suspect.

• Like 1

Middlesex 165 -1 to 209 all out 

Dan Worrall  took 5 wickets in 26 balls for 1 run

weather could be a factor but hopefully Surrey can chalk up a few runs tomorrow 

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Middlesex 165 -1 to 209 all out 

Dan Worrall  took 5 wickets in 26 balls for 1 run

weather could be a factor but hopefully Surrey can chalk up a few runs tomorrow 

Surrey can **** right off. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ha … still not got over their crushing victory the other week I see :) 

No, they're top and The Bears will overtake them with a win. 

• Like 1

Â