Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Well I totally managed to forget this started last night.

Brook is just a true phenomenon I think, could easily go on to break all batting records at this point.

Great to see Root get another century, he needed that, interesting too that he did it at his own pace rather than the now-typical pace of this England team.

Cant wait to watch this evening.

• Like 2

You've just got to hope and pray he keeps it up, because his numbers are absolutely staggering at the moment, he's beating Bradman for averages!

And there may be some who are saying "he's yet to face a seriously good bowling attack", but he's away from home, against a great seam attack and he's ramping 6s at 23/24?  

Honestly, with him and Root coming in at 3/4/5, we can kind of afford Duckett and Crawley attacking from the first ball and if it doesn't work out?  So what? 

Stokes/McCullum are seemingly doing an absolutely absurd job at filling these guys with the confidence to go out and just enjoy themselves.  

This squad could be surpassing the 05-10 squads achievements in Test cricket if we keep it up, on top of our already world class T20/ODI squad. 

Enjoy this England fans!! 

The Ashes should be fun.  Think if Bairstow comes back fit from his injury, he replaces Zak at the top - Crawley to finally, finally be dispensed with. Brook has taken his place in the middle quite emphatically. God imagine if JB hadn't had that injury, do you think Brook would still be waiting his debut?

Edited by Rodders

47 minutes ago, Rodders said:

The Ashes should be fun.  Think if Bairstow comes back fit from his injury, he replaces Zak at the top - Crawley to finally, finally be dispensed with. Brook has taken his place in the middle quite emphatically. God imagine if JB hadn't had that injury, do you think Brook would still be waiting his debut?

He may not have gotten his chance quite as soon but I’m confident he would have been given a shot by now, probably in place of one of the openers I’d guess.

Brook now holds the record for highest amount of test runs in thei first 9 test innings and he's basically gone at a run a ball rate. And he's fun as hell to watch. He'll undoubtedly slow down (fingers crossed not) but he's complete box office.

Edited by theunderstudy

On 19/02/2023 at 23:23, av1 said:

Just thinking about it, how about simply alternating over a series? One team gets to choose in test 1, the other in test 2 etc. 

This is the simplest option and I am not sure why it isn't done like that, apart from tradition.

6 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Brook now holds the record for highest amount of test runs in thei first 9 test innings and he's basically gone at a run a ball rate. And he's fun as hell to watch. He'll undoubtedly slow down (fingers crossed not) but he's complete box office.

He's part of the 20/20 generation coming into test cricket. England's "new" style of play in test cricket will become the norm over the next few years. The Geoff Boycott days are long gone. 

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spoilsports.

An early end to the Brook show - gone for 186..

Yeah just put radio on to listen to him get 200 and the word removed is already out. 

14 minutes ago, colhint said:

Shane Warne maybe the best bowler of all time, well Jimmy is just 25 wickets behind him.

Unbelievable when you take into account the physical toll of fast bowling on the body compared to spin. 

• Like 3

Â