Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Jofra Archer is finished I think, such a shame as he had unbelievable potential but you can’t have as many issues as he’s had with that elbow at his age and come back from it I think.

I think he's related to Keinan Davis in some way.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Warwickshire blowing the chance of a big lead 😞

League leaders Surrey meanwhile are nicely placed to rack up a tasty lead :) 

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

England Dropping Foakes again  ..sigh  

I'd love to know what incriminating evidence Bairstow has on them ? 

Probably something to do with him scoring multiple centuries before that bizarre injury. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Probably something to do with him scoring multiple centuries before that bizarre injury. 

None of which he did whilst keeping wicket ...

it appears they are bringing Bairstow back to bat at number 7 and keep wicket  , it makes little since in this situation 

Foakes is the better Wicket keeper but about a zillion miles   .. and Bairstow has only kept wicket in one game for Yorkshire since his injury 

bringing him back just because he was  good 12 months ago makes no sense  , might as well bring Alistair Cook back because he once scored some runs 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it appears they are bringing Bairstow back to bat at number 7 and keep wicket  , it makes little since in this situation 

Foakes is the better Wicket keeper but about a zillion miles   .. and Bairstow has only kept wicket in one game for Yorkshire since his injury 

bringing him back just because he was  good 12 months ago makes no sense  , might as well bring Alistair Cook back because he once scored some runs 

I mean you're both right. Foakes is the better 'keeper by a distance. And he is a decent batter, too.

Bairstow was exceptional before he broke his leg, and he's now back and also in good form. He plays the style of cricket the captain and coach want. He's a shoe in. So who do you leave out from the batting line up? is the question. They've fudged it and gone with the wicket-keeper batsman, because (apart from the openers) the other batters are undroppable based on recent form. Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes are not going to get dropped after what they did in Pakistan and last summer.

Yeah if Bairstow hadn't played those innings last summer then Bazball may not be a thing or abandoned early on, so I'm not surprised they've rewarded him with a place back in the side.  Unlucky for Foakes because he also played the odd important knock in run chases, he's a better keeper but even he was a bit sloppy at times.  I feel sorry for Jofra, I wonder if the unnecessary workload Root was giving him has **** his elbow or whether it would have happened anyway bowling that quick.

Bairstow can either wait his turn, or they can bin off that eejit Crawley and give Bairstow a go up top, in the new approach it might work. I hope it is just a squad for the Ireland game though, I'll hold off being too annoyed until the first Ashes test. It'll be nice to see Woakes hopefully back in an England shirt though, could be a last summer in test colours for him, and he'll play a part with Jofre basically dead.

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Furry muff ;)

The T20’s have come around quick, Warks v Yorkshire on sky, poor batting display so far from the bears

*That was until Hain came in to bat

Edited by rbcuk
  • Sad 1

Sean Abbot made his maiden T20 50 for Surrey today after 133 matches

just tied the fastest T20 100 after smacking  ball 34 for a 6 including 30 off an over … even more impressive when he’d score 13 runs off his first 12 balls 

Kent’s fielding though has been atrocious 

Edited by tonyh29

Might buy some Day 5 Ashes tickets for Edgbaston on the tiny chance it makes it there.

You get money back if there's no cricket don't you, so might as well have a risk three attempt at seeing a massive climax.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

Â