Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I think NZ would have been aiming for a lead of 250+, it’s in the balance at the moment, England could sweep them away for another 50 runs or less, how soon the next wicket comes will be key I think.

I reckon anything below 300 and England will be supremely confident of beating it.

83, 61, 73, 8, 29, 54, 31...

This is a very stong innings from New Zealand, pressure building and building on England and this is just how I predicted it would go after we failed to get Southee out for a low score in their first innings.

250 for England is very gettable. But this side whilst aggressive and proactive has a nasty tendency to lose wickets in bunches. Crawley gone and Robinson never sticks around so he'll  be gone early tomorrow.... Pope and Duckett need to get this chase to the 140-150 mark without falling and then hopefully the NZ bowlers will crumble.

Nah, we'll do this easily enough. Might lose 3 or 4, or 5 wickets, but pitch is still good for batting. Credit to new Zealand for their fight they have quality battles but we're still in a strong position. I assume the weather is fine. They needed another 100 runs really to give them a good shot at winning which would have meant a 2nd innings total of c.600. 

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Looks to have been a great match, we must be due a collapse so I hope it's not tonight.  

You jinxed it.

Just put the radio on to hear an utter shitshow.

Radio is now off.
**** sport.

England committing an all-time collapse here. I said they hadn't made the most of a scintillating partnership on a good batting deck in the first innings and its come true. This is worse than the innings defeat to South Africa, they at least never got going in that game. This game was nearly unloseable. 

Â