Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

great finish and over the 5 days England probably just about deserved it, still convinced this is 2 average batting teams. England still struggling to get 400 runs.

Agar and Pattinson look more comfortable than some of Australia top order

Gratz.

Shame about all the controversy - though after the whinging heard by you lot on day 2 I suspect you will be all silent now. ;)

I didn't think there was anything conclusive in the vision shown for Haddin's dismissal ....

... but, then, I did think he was out in real time when he first played the shot. Does that make DRS largely useless?

• Like 1

Only fitting that the review system had the final say and it was inconclusive. So many 50/50 calls for both teams and they really need to have a look at it.

Still the result was probably fair given England just shaded the play over the 5 days. Hopefully the of some of our tail enders might give the higher order batsmen enough Shame to pull their socks up.

Yes England slightly edged the game. Bell set it up with his brilliant patient hundred and Anderson did the business with the ball. I originally didn't think Haddin was out and wasn't convinced by hotspot but snicker confirmed it so fair enough.

This could be some series - great opening test match - England have talent but aren't always able to deliver on it, Australia have less ability, but a mindset that means they'll compete for everything. Looking forward to the next one.

Fantastic test match  :)  England didn't play anywhere near to the level they can do and still ground out a result against a resilient Aussie team. The sign of a good team. 

Only fitting that the review system had the final say and it was inconclusive. So many 50/50 calls for both teams and they really need to have a look at it.

Still the result was probably fair given England just shaded the play over the 5 days. Hopefully the of some of our tail enders might give the higher order batsmen enough Shame to pull their socks up.

Nothing inconclusive about the final wicket as all it was nicked simple as, I was pretty sure before the DRS. 2 horrific calls helped it make a classic, Agar should have been given out on 6 and even worse was Broads edge. Trotts was inconclusive and a few edged LBWs for both teams.

Â