Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Fantastic days cricket... this is what it is all about! Nothing else in cricket like T20 or ODI's beats a finely balanced test match like this.

Australia aren't very far off 311 now... but England need just 4 wickets.

136 to win, really not that unattainable. It could go either way but for sheer closeness of their total I'm saying Australia to win by 2 wickets. Agar will be a nightmare to get out as the England bowlers haven't fully sussed him. Need to smash him and Haddin early then England will be firmly in control. Australia still have 2 very good bastman in and I refer you to England's 7th wicket partnership yesterday as a basis to what happens to a match if two bastmen show up for ages.

Shades of Edgbaston 05 eh...

Australia aren't very far off 311 now... but England need just 4 wickets.

136 to win, really not that unattainable. It could go either way but for sheer closeness of their total I'm saying Australia to win by 2 wickets. Agar will be a nightmare to get out as the England bowlers haven't fully sussed him. Need to smash him and Haddin early then England will be firmly in control. Australia still have 2 very good bastman in and I refer you to England's 7th wicket partnership yesterday as a basis to what happens to a match if two bastmen show up for ages.

He's hardly Bradman though is he. The reason I think Australia have little chance is because its a 5th day wicket and Swann. 136 is a lot of runs in the context of this game, with really 3 tail enders to come. It would actually be good for the series if they did win.

Exactly what I was thinking of earlier. 

I can not wait til tomorrow morning's play. This has been a classic. 

Continuing with Trent's comments, how much more likable are the English Cricket team compared to their football counterparts!

very much this, could say the same about Rugby players as well tehy dont seem like words removed. Obviously has to be connected with the salaries they get as Id reckon the top English cricket players get about 10 times less salary than the footballers

Don't be. Only a freak innings by an unknown 19 year old has made this as close as it has.

Still, I am surprised the Aussies have shown a little more fight than expected. They have been an utter basket case the past 18 months or so.

I think they'll take some confidence into the next test.

Â