Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I assume (from the use of snicko) it wasn't a nick then, just late swing.

Why? Essentially, because 'snicko' hasn't said definitively that he hit it, you assume that he must not have - which is effectively saying that it (snicko) is infallible (or at least that you put sufficient confidence in it that it must always be the decision on which to rely even if it countermands the decisions made by the on field officials.

I assume (from the use of snicko) it wasn't a nick then, just late swing.

Why? Essentially, because 'snicko' hasn't said definitively that he hit it, you assume that he must not have - which is effectively saying that it (snicko) is infallible (or at least that you put sufficient confidence in it that it must always be the decision on which to rely even if it countermands the decisions made by the on field officials.

I'm not saying it's infallible but with what was available at the time (well, kind of), I think snicko gave the best answer.

I'm saying that I think snicko displayed the correct result. 

So nothing other than you thought he didn't hit it and snicko confirmed this bias?

Or rather we've gone from 'he didn't get anything on it' and 'there was no inside edge' to 'I assume (from the use of snicko) it wasn't a nick then, just late swing' and 'I think it displayed the correct result'. 'Precisely' seems apposite.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Just watched the highlights:

Bell's knock was superb; Broad was a disgrace (Bairstow looked like he walked - i.e. without having to look at the umpire - when he got the edge).

The not walking attitude is a shocker. I'm glad I only ever played with a few people with that outlook and I managed to avoid ever playing with them again.

Impressive 50 from Broad too, that was long overdue. 

I see him around here loads, really really nice bloke. I often speak to him, considering his level and fame he is as down to earth as your average guy on the street. In stark contrast I also see Swanny around a lot as well as he used to live around the corner, again nice guy but not the same character he is in front of a camera.

I saw him last night actually, driving away from the ground looking more than a little sheepish, I waved then gave him a bit of a wag of the finger and shake of the head which amused him.

Out for 65. More than decent innings, needed someone to stay with Bell. 

@Trent, it's surprising that you said that. I really don't like Broad in all honesty, there's something about him that annoys me. 

Damn, Bell out for 109

Job is done though! Australia will have to get a record 4th innings score to at Trent Bridge to win this now. Bell doesn't go on forums. I run one for Warwickshire cricket and he doesn't go on there. A lot of cricketers don't even use twitter. I know Jim Troughton doesn't.

Â