What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Its impossible for me to answer BfH&V without repeating myself, I agree he is far from stupid but I cannot accept the playing games theory. Did he say it to let the fans know what is happening, perhaps. Even if he did I think he has put us in a poor position with Man City with what he has said.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we moan because there isn't any information and we don't know what is happening and then when we are given a clearer indication, it's a bad move? hmmmmm.

We could have been given the Milner information without coming out point blank and saying we need to sell to buy, given that we are in negotiations with the richest club in the world for arguably our best player.

Not suprised at all, been on the cards that long now its got boaring...

Make him hand in a transfer request if wants to desert us that quick!..

Really thought the lad was better than that...

All he's done now is mugg himself off and make himself look a first class hypocrite.

He's give us the fans the old mushroom treatment, kept us in the dark for months and fed with shit!..

Good riddance to the parasite.

Deleted as Trent deleted his repeat question

Or we just simply say we don't need to sell (without the "bloody loaded" part) and keep people guessing. I don't see how you some to the logic that telling City we need their money will make them give us more. If they know we DON'T need the money and don't need to sell they would push the boat out to convince us, if they really wanted him.

Can I just say, it's highly likely that City already know anything that is released into the public domain. I doubt highly that this release from MoN damages out standing with City even in the slightest.

I think anybody who thinks Garry Cook will use a MON quote to the press as a measuring stick for his next bid for Milner is very very misguided.

Faulkner and Milner's agent have been in discussions. The agent will now know what our valuation of Milner is. The aged will take that to Man Ciry and try to negotiate a middle ground if possible.

These conversations, which we are not privy to, are worlds apart from quotes in a press conference.

Exactly he's kept the fans in the dark. The fans who worshipped him last year. He's had one shit season and a good season since November, and he's immediately off when he gets any recognition.

I'm actually more pissed off than when Barry left. At least Barry serviced the club for years and years through unbelievably shit years.

I'd say its far better that other clubs think we only have the James Milner money rather than believing we have the Milner money on top of a nice little transfer kitty we already had set aside.

City don't increase the original offer they don't get James Milner. There is not a cat in hells chance Martin O'Neill and Randy Lerner will be **** over a barrell by these ****. I'd have hoped you'd have had more respect for Mr Lerner and Mon given everything that has happened over the last 4 years.

My views on what O'Neill says to the press have zero to do with my views on Randy they don't even relate to my views on O'Neill as a manager.

I just don't think that saying the player wants to go and we haven't any other money to spend is a very smart move in the circumstances.

I may be proven wrong we will have to see but please don't put words in my mouth that it means I have no respect for O'Neill or for Randy.

You said

I fail to see it I really do. I can though imagine there is little chance of City increasing their offer, they have us over a barrel. We have told the world he wants to go and we need to sell to buy. That is a terrible position to be in.

You believe City have us over a barrel which equates to having our manager and owner over a barrel. Nothing Randy Lerner or Martin O'Neill have done over the last 4 years suggests to me they are going to be **** over a barrel by anyone let alone Man City. Like I said if you believe that the chairman and manager will be **** over by these clowns then in my opinion that shows a lack of respect given what as happened over the last 4 years.

We won't be had over by Man City and will get the money we want for Milner. If not he stays. Of that I am 100% certain. You take the opposite view, I honestly haven't a clue why given our transfer dealings under Randy, but that is your preogative.

We won't be had over by Man City and will get the money we want for Milner. If not he stays. Of that I am 100% certain.

Completely agree Mark.

MON has just clarified this situation, that is all.

I fail to see how City have us "over a barrell", i really do.

If they want him, they'll have to pay what MON is seeking, or they can do one.

You believe City have us over a barrel which equates to having our manager and owner over a barrel. Nothing Randy Lerner or Martin O'Neill have done over the last 4 years suggests to me they are going to be **** over a barrel by anyone let alone Man City. Like I said if you believe that the chairman and manager will be **** over by these clowns then in my opinion that shows a lack of respect given what as happened over the last 4 years.

We won't be had over by Man City and will get the money we want for Milner. If not he stays. Of that I am 100% certain. You take the opposite view, I honestly haven't a clue why given our transfer dealings under Randy, but that is your preogative.

I know what I said and I didn't say we would be **** over.

I just don't think his comments today have been beneficial in anyway.

As I said that opinion has nothing to do with my level of respect for O'Neill or Lerner it is simply my view on his comments today.

It is possible to pass comment on something without it reflecting your views on two people over the course of 4 years.

Once the parasite leaves id use the money for

Defour/Ireland - 10 Million

Witzel/or another hard man that can pass - 8 Million

Robbie Keane - 5 Million

Nathaniel Clyne - 2 Million

I'm happy with those you've selected although i dont see it happening, ive said it before i like that Clyne ... but i doubt the club his at currently will sell him (although ive not looked into it before someone bites my balls off)

Bit disturbing tho it seems we don't seem to buy anyone until after we sell now.

Rmber last season Barry , Knight etc were all sold a good while before we bought anyone if rmber rightly.

And this summer looks same again....

Same with Ashley Young next season?....

£30 million for Milner tho would be a laugh . (unless he ends up being Man Citys Stevie G / Lampard etc...tho i doubt it)

If Man city have ambition to win things then they really need to buy some centre backs, not strikers and midfielders. Which they have in abundance.

And the only players i'd take off them would be De Jong and Tevez. Because anyone else, I either don't rate or they will massively over value.

(and i realise they'll never net Tevez leave)

[

OK Trent I apologise you said they had us over a barrel. That to me suggested we will be **** over. Which I hope you'd agree, given the owners and managers actions and reputation gained whilst at Aston Villa, is not going to be the case.

wow. Milners worse than Barry in my eyes. Barry had been here for years, and the clock was ticking on his chance at the big time.

Milner is 24, has been here 2 seasons, only one of which he has been any good. He has been turned from a very average winger playing for a championship team, to an England international, and this is how he repays us.

Im still in shock that he actually came to MON before the world cup and said he wanted out. Get rid, and get rid quick. I didnt boo barry, but by jove Milner is going to get both barrells when I see him play against us next season.

He is 24, his stock has risen massively over the last 12 months thanks to the enviroment we have provided, he is still at a high level club, with an outside chance of champ league, and excellant chances of cup finals and uefa cup games...

he owed us another couple of seasons at least. Sounds like he was angling to get away before city even put a bid in. More and more feels like things arent very happy behind the scenes. Im starting to think that alot of players just dont like playing for MON.

[

OK Trent I apologise you said they had us over a barrel. That to me suggested we will be **** over. Which I hope you'd agree, given the owners and managers actions and reputation gained whilst at Aston Villa, is not going to be the case.

Actually mate I totally agree with you on that point.

Perhaps I've not made my view clear but on that point I think the club have shown twice in back to back summers that we won't be.

Once the parasite leaves id use the money for

Defour/Ireland - 10 Million

Witzel/or another hard man that can pass - 8 Million

Robbie Keane - 5 Million

Nathaniel Clyne - 2 Million

So we then have a bigger collection of parasites?......... footballers are that period!