1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

some people on here make me sick

the virtiol aimed at milner is disgusting

hes got the chance to sign for the most ambitious club in the world from a club who will be lucky to break the top 7 and have ballsed up 2 great chances of top 4 in a row thanks to questionable management decisions

hes not a villa fan, hes a professional footballer who wants to win things and hes got more chance of doing it at city

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another question to be asked. Do Man City still want Milner?

We know he said "he'd like to go" before the World Cup.

We know Man City put a bid in for him before the World Cup.

But does the sheik still have the same interest in Milner after him and England's disappointing showing?

Remember we are dealing with a club owner who's obsessed with showing off (the purchase of Robihno, the purchase of Tevez, the purchase of Adebayor). Maybe Milner no longer is a hot enough property to parade in front of the lads down by the Bazillionare Hookah bar.

Is this not a simple case of Villa directing the blame towards the player before he is sold for somewhere around the £25million mark (e.g less than we were supposedly holding out for) so that they can hold up their hands and say "what could we do" in the face of any backlash?

Expect this to be done in the next few days to be honest, clearly been ongoing for some time.

So from that interview he says 'a players wages should reflect his value'....... hmmm Gaz Baz went for £12m and gets £140k a week, clearly thats what he is after and knows we won't pay it... but if they baulk at the fee will they pay him what he thinks he is worth?

So now I must boo Barry and Milner, might as well just Boo the whole Man City team throughout the season, sounds like a good plan.

Milner = word removed

does that go for every player we've signed from clubs below us with less money than us, who we brought in on increased wages too?

surely it must?

doesnt that make all footballers who want to move up bad eggs in your books too? how many of our squad does that mean you should boo based on your logic? quite a few isnt it

So now I must boo Barry and Milner, might as well just Boo the whole Man City team throughout the season, sounds like a good plan.

Milner = word removed

does that go for every player we've signed from clubs below us with less money than us, who we brought in on increased wages too?

surely it must?

doesnt that make all footballers who want to move up bad eggs in your books too? how many of our squad does that mean you should boo based on your logic? quite a few isnt it

Only players that piss me off, which so far has been Barry and now Milner. I wont be alone in this either, Barry got booed and so will Milner. I hope they both go for a 50 50 in training and break each others legs.

I can accept it if a big club like Utd or Chelsea come knocking, but not Man City at the moment, its an insult. So yeah, Milner is a rocket polisher.

Citeh's tactics are similar to what happened at Chelski when they fell into a bottomless pit of cash. They signed up lots of star players from other teams, who then spent years languishing in the reserves before cheap offloading deals elsewhere. Citeh will have the same thing IMO, they'll end up with a lot of dis-illusioned bit-part players, and the pressure on them is absolutely immense to win something....anything.....oh and anything but they top 4 is surely going to see a fire-sale next summer followed by the inevitable new manager's clear out.

Maybe we should just concentrate less on Milner and more on what we've got left and who we can get in. Is there any point booing Milner? No. If he thinks he has a better chance of success at Citeh then only time will tell. Maybe in a couple of years' time we'll all be posting "I can't believe we got £25m for a player who went on to make only 40 first team appearances and won nothing before being transfer listed".

some people on here make me sick

the vitriol aimed at milner is disgusting

hes got the chance to sign for the most ambitious club in the world from a club who will be lucky to break the top 7 and have ballsed up 2 great chances of top 4 in a row thanks to questionable management decisions

hes not a villa fan, hes a professional footballer who wants to win things and hes got more chance of doing it at city

The only thing that makes me physically sick at the moment is James Milner's loyalty; I find it difficult to find any sympathy for him. There's no reasonable footballing explanation for him to say he wanted to leave after a great personal season, it's pure and simply about excessive wealth, he isn't any different to his contemporaries.

There's no reasonable footballing explanation for him to say he wanted to leave after a great personal season

are you mental? of course there is! hes gonna be playing with a far higher calibre of player, and have infinitely more chance of winning something at city than at villa

how is that not a reasonable footballing explanation?

Milner = word removed

surely it must?

Only players that piss me off, which so far has been Barry and now Milner. I wont be alone in this either, Barry got booed and so will Milner. I hope they both go for a 50 50 in training and break each others legs.

I can accept it if a big club like Utd or Chelsea come knocking, but not Man City at the moment, its an insult. So yeah, Milner is a rocket polisher.

I am not ashamed that to say that I will agree.

There's no reasonable footballing explanation for him to say he wanted to leave after a great personal season

are you mental? of course there is! hes gonna be playing with a far higher calibre of player, and have infinitely more chance of winning something at city than at villa

He isn't guaranteed anything at City.

imo, quite simply, mon needs to shut the **** up and worry about doing his job properly

said it before, and ill say it again

so he should shut up and let city drag this out all summer taking the piss and signing him with only a couple of days left?

MONs interview was fully justified and makes perfect sense

imo, quite simply, mon needs to shut the **** up and worry about doing his job properly

said it before, and ill say it again

so he should shut up and let city drag this out all summer taking the piss and signing him with only a couple of days left?

MONs interview was fully justified and makes perfect sense

telling the world milner said he wants to leave makes sense?

great bargaining point that alright

certain things need to be done behind closed doors, and this is one of them

there was no need to mention milners desire to leave until the deal was done

Ok, have I missed something? where is the interview where MON says we have a 'sell to buy' policy? I've clearly missed something

BBC Sport, on the Villa page he discusses Milner and states about selling to buy half way throughout.

He isn't guaranteed anything at City.
he is

higher quality team mates and the chance to be part ofd a squad more likely to win something than villa

if you claim you cant see that youre either lying or delusional