• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad its out in the open now. They've got the money so just let em pay us top dollar for him then **** him off asap. I'm not losing any sleep over it this time. We didn't miss Barry and we won't miss Milner. Theres always another player to take his place. And if we get around £30m for him, we are laughing to be honest. He's a class young player but I've seen better.

I'm really not angered by this. We would all do the same in this situation, and Barry leaving after 10 years proved there is no loyalty in football these days.

Professional footballers don't love clubs the same way fans do. Remember it's still just a job to them.

Just looking at the City midfielders and who would want to play in the first team I have no idea where Milner will fit in.

Abdisalam Ibrahim

Adam Johnson

David Silva

Gareth Barry

Patrick Vieira

Yaya Toure

Nigel de Jong

Kelvin Etuhu

Stephen Ireland

Michael Johnson

Vincent Kompany

Vladimir Weiss

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Players in bold would want first team football.

There is already 8 midfielders that would want to start in the starting 11.

Just looking at the City midfielders and who would want to play in the first team I have no idea where Milner will fit in.

Abdisalam Ibrahim

Adam Johnson

David Silva

Gareth Barry

Patrick Vieira

Yaya Toure

Nigel de Jong

Kelvin Etuhu

Stephen Ireland

Michael Johnson

Vincent Kompany

Vladimir Weiss

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Players in bold would want first team football.

There is already 8 midfielders that would want to start in the starting 11.

Between that bench and the comfy pillow he will have to get used to sitting on.

but realistically im sure he won't be on the bench all the time.

Out on the right where he was absolutely average. :lol:

He'll be next years scape goat and wish he never left, then check his bank balance and say "I can stick this for that dosh". Greedy squared-jaw prick.

As I (and others) have said before, the worst case scenario is not that Milner is sold, but that the deal is only done right at the last moment, leaving you little or no time to spend the cash wisely and get the players you want at a decent price, whilst in the meantime your whole transfer strategy is frozen in limbo because the club can't even be 100% sure whether or not they need to replace Milner.

And tbh it's in City's interest to mess you around until the last minute - or even to string you along and then pull out of any deal at the 11th hour. Because they know either strategy will damage you as rival club in terms of your transfer dealings, and they also now know that Villa need the money and that the longer City wait the more likely it is that Villa will accept a lower price within reasonable limits - i.e much closer to 20m than 30m.

Spurs will face similar shenanigans - albeit on a less potentially damaging scale - over their apparent interest in Richards and Bellamy: it won't surprise me if City choose to string things out, whilst making apparent sellng noises, then pull out at the last minute. They don't care about money (unless it's their money that goes to their Prem rivals) and can afford to pay Prem wages to players that they can simply shift into their reserve squad if needed in order to meet the "25-man rule".

Still think he will stay

I do hope you're wrong.

I can't see how he can play for us anymore after saying he wants to leave.

Anyway, if he wants to go so badly why doesn't he put in a transfer request?

I wish Chelsea had £30m to sign him for. Really don't want him to go to citeh. But if he does, it'll be a pleasure to see his career go the same way as Barrys did. That might show other players in the future that citeh ain't the promised land it looks like.

I really hope he goes now in all honesty. The fact that he wants to leave just shows a complete lack of respect to us as supporters, along with MON and his team-mates.

The most important thing now is to make sure that we use the money wisely. Hopefully Lerner will allow it all to be used on transfers if necessary. Now MON really needs to get moving in the transfer window.

Aston Villa is bigger than James Milner and we will move on. It's hardly the end of the world, although if I am being honest I would rather have kept him before all of this came out today....