• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, and this really is clutching as straws but...

Oneill sounds like he's not spoken to Milner since the world cup. Maybe Milner may have had time to soften his stance a little?

Mon said that our cheif executive is in contact with Milners agent so I dare say that the feedback they are getting is that he still wants out.

I have a feeling this will be resolved before Milner is due back for pre season training on Monday. If not he will be very uncomfortable returning to training with it out in the open that he know longer wants be to here.

Woodytom, do you just have an alarm set so that you're informed whenever I post something on here!! :winkold:

I agree, life is about taking risks and playing it safe can be monotonous or detrimental to your cause. But I really don't think that it would have been much of a risk for him to stay here an extra season or two. He has, probably, another 10 years left of his football career. He's coming up to his peak and would surely be able to get a move to a different, if not bigger, club in the next few years.

But let's not get into another discussion of how our views on Milner's future completely differ :D

Woodytom, do you just have an alarm set so that you're informed whenever I post something on here!! :winkold:

I agree, life is about taking risks and playing it safe can be monotonous or detrimental to your cause. But I really don't think that it would have been much of a risk for him to stay here an extra season or two. He has, probably, another 10 years left of his football career. He's coming up to his peak and would surely be able to get a move to a different, if not bigger, club in the next few years.

But let's not get into another discussion of how our views on Milner's future completely differ :D

Lets be honest rob, you live for my replies. They are an inspiration to you and thousand of other Villa talkers. :D

Is that the last seasons away shirt with blood on it ?

Bye bye Milner Hello Ireland Hart thank you and good night.

What about Barry back Bellamy Ireland Barry and 5 million ?

or delete Barry and 10 million ?

C:\Users\paulmartin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\08QAWKP0

Thats a link fail right there Paul Martin :)

Well i think this basically shows that the ruination of football HAS ARRIVED! I mean the guy has just had his career launched at this club on the international stage & half way through his contract at the 1st sign of an offer from a team which may ...or may not... challenge just like ourselves & he can't get out quick enough...

For me all the teams other than these that are ruining the game like Chelski & Man sheikty, should resign from the Premier League & form their own "Level playing field" style League with salary caps in place from the start & also a ceiling on transfer fees. Then Those 2 can form a "super dooper greedy money grabbers league" with the other few similar to them across Europe.. ... I mean imagine the fun they could have playing each other 12 times a season !! It would be even worse than the SPL. But they could bask in the year on year glory of winning all the trophies as no one else would be involved!!

One things for sure it would be about as meaningfull as Man City winning the League this season!

The point is his excellent play last year was in the middle, and he only started there in November when Downing got himself fit again.

He hasn't had a full season of playing that well, before that as a winger he was worth about what we paid for him and is replaceable there.

First - I say - let's go for Hartlepool's James Brown!! Ohhh!!! I feel good!!!

Second, and a bit more on the serious side - we have a huge problem. Our scouting is crap. Even if we'll get the 30M, the chances we'll spend them on the right guy are slim. I see people calling for 20M+Ireland and I say - Do you really thing Ireland is worth 10M?! The prices for English players are an absurdity. A good scouting team could find us some relatively cheap players from the rest of Europe or Africa. But instead of doing that, we plash the money on overrated English players. I know that a team here, in Israel, managed to get a couple of players from Spain (played for relegated Valladolid) for less than 1M Euros. If so - I guess you could find some great talents there for 5-7-9M. You just have to look.

And just as Ireland isn't a 10M player, Milner is definitely not a 30M or even 20M pound player. This whole thing got out of hand.

A good £10m profit in a short space of time. MON now needs to go and get that flair player that we've been missing - with the wages he was going to offer Jimmy of c£70k a week and £20m i'm sure we can pull of a right marquee signing that will appease us fans.

Second, and a bit more on the serious side - we have a huge problem. Our scouting is crap. Even if we'll get the 30M, the chances we'll spend them on the right guy are slim. I see people calling for 20M+Ireland and I say - Do you really thing Ireland is worth 10M?! The prices for English players are an absurdity. A good scouting team could find us some relatively cheap players from the rest of Europe or Africa. But instead of doing that, we plash the money on overrated English players. I know that a team here, in Israel, managed to get a couple of players from Spain (played for relegated Valladolid) for less than 1M Euros. If so - I guess you could find some great talents there for 5-7-9M. You just have to look.

And just as Ireland isn't a 10M player, Milner is definitely not a 30M or even 20M pound player. This whole thing got out of hand.

Our scouting is crap but we've bought both Miller & Young and stand to make handsome profits on them - likewise Delph fingers crossed.

Trouble is now, we're running out of English talent, MON really must start looking to the continent for the finishing touches.

Is that the last seasons away shirt with blood on it ?

Bye bye Milner Hello Ireland Hart thank you and good night.

What about Barry back Bellamy Ireland Barry and 5 million ?

or delete Barry and 10 million ?

C:\Users\paulmartin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\08QAWKP0

Thats a link fail right there Paul Martin :)

how do you get picture up here then ?

Our scouting is crap but we've bought both Miller & Young and stand to make handsome profits on them - likewise Delph fingers crossed.

Trouble is now, we're running out of English talent, MON really must start looking to the continent for the finishing touches.

He's going to Ireland