• £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or handed in a transfer request

doesnt the player lose money if they hand in a transfer request? im sure ive heard of this "loyalty bonus" that players are entitled to, but if the put in a request they dont get it

Maybe, but he was happy enough to do it at Newcastle. Again, I think people are jumping on Milner's back a little too soon here. Yes, it's disappointing but we haven't heard his reasoning.

rm what's wrong with a player wanting a move to another club? I'd rather he stay, and I'm disappointed that apparently he wants to go to City where he probably won't get many games, but I think we should all praise his conduct rather than condemn him. I mean, he's hardly gone all over the news flaunting how much he wanted to play for City as he. Gareth "I wanna go for CL" Barry on the other hand, I can understand.

Bottom line, Milner didn't lie, isn't pressurizing MON to go ahead with the transfer, isn't **** around with the media. Compared to a lot of the other footballers around, he's a saint.

Legov, I think that some people, myself included, think that it's fine if Milner is moving for a greater chance of success. But he could be sacrificing so much for that "chance".

At VP he is loved, he gets to play in his favoured CM position for almost every game of the season, he is in a stable club with one manager (something he has valued and commented on), we have helped him get into the England Team, he is clearly respected by the manager, fans and all the players and he could stay here and have a team built around him.

At Man City he could be in a team challenging for the title, he could be in a team challenging for a CL spot and he is more than likely going to be on mega-bucks. BUT he will not be the "star" in their team, he'll be one of many faces that could spend a lot of time on the bench. He might not get to play in his favoured CM position. If Man City don't perform then they might change manager. If Milner doesn't perform then he might get replaced within one season.

I'll admit there are a lot of "ifs" and "buts", but still, the risks are there and I think he'd be better off to stay at Villa and have a team built around him.

Also - some people are probably commenting on the fact that we paid over the odds for Milner when we bought him from Newcastle. He has given us one 'okay' season and one 'great' season. One offer comes in from a club on the up and he wants out. I'd personally prefer it if he signed an extension and repaid some of the faith put into him. If he then left next summer - 3 years is slightly better than 2 years of service.

Okay MON, get the deal moving! Get it all ready for when James Phillip Milner turns up on Monday. Pass him the paperwork, get him to sign and then say "Thankyou James, enjoy your time at Man City, it may be short".

Hopefully we can put this all behind us and look forward to bringing in a few players and moving forward.

Stephen Ireland, for me, is a must.

There was an interview which stuck with me from the end of the Season. James was being asked about how he had progressed and who he owed it to etc. I was expecting glowing praise of Villa and Oneill, but he was far more ambiguous, praising former managers and players equally. We all see the Villa have resurrected his career ( a view which I share ), but i dont think Milner sees it this way. He's never really had a great affinity with the club, and im not surprised he's leaving. I cant imagine he'll do so much as to mention us in his first press conference as a City player.

rm what's wrong with a player wanting a move to another club? I'd rather he stay, and I'm disappointed that apparently he wants to go to City where he probably won't get many games, but I think we should all praise his conduct rather than condemn him. I mean, he's hardly gone all over the news flaunting how much he wanted to play for City as he. Gareth "I wanna go for CL" Barry on the other hand, I can understand.

Bottom line, Milner didn't lie, isn't pressurizing MON to go ahead with the transfer, isn't **** around with the media. Compared to a lot of the other footballers around, he's a saint.

Legov, I think that some people, myself included, think that it's fine if Milner is moving for a greater chance of success. But he could be sacrificing so much for that "chance".

At VP he is loved, he gets to play in his favoured CM position for almost every game of the season, he is in a stable club with one manager (something he has valued and commented on), we have helped him get into the England Team, he is clearly respected by the manager, fans and all the players and he could stay here and have a team built around him.

At Man City he could be in a team challenging for the title, he could be in a team challenging for a CL spot and he is more than likely going to be on mega-bucks. BUT he will not be the "star" in their team, he'll be one of many faces that could spend a lot of time on the bench. He might not get to play in his favoured CM position. If Man City don't perform then they might change manager. If Milner doesn't perform then he might get replaced within one season.

I'll admit there are a lot of "ifs" and "buts", but still, the risks are there and I think he'd be better off to stay at Villa and have a team built around him.

Also - some people are probably commenting on the fact that we paid over the odds for Milner when we bought him from Newcastle. He has given us one 'okay' season and one 'great' season. One offer comes in from a club on the up and he wants out. I'd personally prefer it if he signed an extension and repaid some of the faith put into him. If he then left next summer - 3 years is slightly better than 2 years of service.

Okay MON, get the deal moving! Get it all ready for when James Phillip Milner turns up on Monday. Pass him the paperwork, get him to sign and then say "Thankyou James, enjoy your time at Man City, it may be short".

Hopefully we can put this all behind us and look forward to bringing in a few players and moving forward.

Stephen Ireland, for me, is a must.

Lifes all about taking risks Rob. Those who play it safe - usually finish middle of the road. I like to play it safe and I cant change who I am but theres part of me that wishes I took risks more often. That way - you at least know if it would have happened or not.

James Milners obviously a risk taker. Thats why hes a professional footballer, and Im not.

or handed in a transfer request

doesnt the player lose money if they hand in a transfer request? im sure ive heard of this "loyalty bonus" that players are entitled to, but if the put in a request they dont get it

Maybe, but he was happy enough to do it at Newcastle. Again, I think people are jumping on Milner's back a little too soon here. Yes, it's disappointing but we haven't heard his reasoning.

agree

and if he puts in a request and waivers any money from villa he has coming to him it'll at least soften the blow, but if he's making alot of noise behind the scenes and not being honest with us then i'll be pissed

still at least he's not writing to the notw bitching about the club from his holiday home in florida...

I can't say I'm too bothered so long as we get good money for him.

He hasn't been with the club long enough for me to get any emotional attachment to him and as the **** wants out then I'm not going to lose any sleep over him going.

As for how this will reflect on us as a club I don't think it will have a detrimental effect and suddenly make us a feeder club. Its recently happened to the likes of Arsenal with Adebayor and Toure and now possibly Fabregas and its even happened to Man Utd with Ronaldo wanting out.

We'll get an exceptional amount of money, far more than what James is actually worth in my opnion. I have a belief that Mon will spend it well and hopefully we'll again improve next season.

Bottom line is that the only consistant about any club is the supporters as players, managers and owners will always come and go. Keep the faith.

I'm more concerned about what we are going to do with the money than Milner actually leaving as we could progress well if it is spent in the right way.

However we would need to replace a good player which won't be easy.

Who shall we sell them next summer, Young maybe? I'm so glad that we're helping them out, year upon year. Good on you, Villa

**** this shit every year, and **** modern day football

I'm more concerned about what we are going to do with the money than Milner actually leaving as we could progress well if it is spent in the right way.

However we would need to replace a good player which won't be easy.

There is a player called Gareth Barry, and when he left people said the same, yet everyone lived happily ever after :winkold:

Just a thought, and this really is clutching as straws but...

Oneill sounds like he's not spoken to Milner since the world cup. Maybe Milner may have had time to soften his stance a little?

Who shall we sell them next summer, Young maybe? I'm so glad that we're helping them out, year upon year. Good on you, Villa

**** this shit every year, and **** modern day football

Chill Winston...

As long as they pay the money that the club (Aston Villa) see fit, i dont give a flying **** who we sell, they can have the cleaner and car park attendant if they pay the money!