468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Stephen Ireland is a better player anyway! :winkold:

On the form he showed the season before last i wouldnt disagree with that statement!

so if we can get 15 million an Ireland what a good deal that would be :D

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- - - - - - - - Freidel - - - - - - - - - -

Cuellar - Dunne - Collins - Warnock

Young - Petrov - Reo Coker - Downing

- - - - - -Carew - Agbonlahor - - - - - -

Still not a bad team to start the season. 3 players into that side and we will be alot better position that last season.

From the OS

Martin O'Neill: Milner Latest

By Dan Harrison

Martin O'Neill today insisted James Milner will only be sold to Manchester City if the club's valuation of the England midfielder is met.

Milner was the subject of a bid from Manchester City before the World Cup, which was firmly rejected.

Speaking from Villa's training camp in Dublin, the boss revealed that the 24-year-old might consider a move to Eastlands but the manager stressed that Milner will only be allowed to move if the clubs can agree on a transfer fee.

"There is still a doubt really as to what is happening to James Milner," O'Neill said.

"The state of affairs is really straightforward. James and his agent came to see us before the World Cup and intimated that they would like to go.

"Then Manchester City made the offer which we told them about. There is a difference of valuation at this moment between the buying club and the selling club.

"That may well be resolved and if that is the case then absolutely fine. I think James' agent has told our chief executive that he wouldn't be signing a new contract.

"Obviously that puts a different slant on things, like everything else.

"Although I haven't spoken to James since that day, he has played in the World Cup and the rest really is pretty well straightforward.

"If a fee is agreed, at the end of the day, the player can leave."

Villa will continue their pre-season programme with a friendly against Bohemians at Dalymount Park on Saturday [ko 3pm].

The 11-time League of Ireland champions go into the match on the back of a 4-0 defeat to Welsh outfit TNS on Tuesday, in the Champions League second qualifying round.

Pat Fenlon's team are chasing a third straight League of Ireland crown and currently sit in third place, two points off the top spot.

Milner has yet to join up with the Villa squad for pre-season having been granted an extended break, along with fellow World Cup stars Emile Heskey, Stephen Warnock and Brad Guzan.

"Manchester City have put a valuation on the player," O'Neill added. "It doesn't match our particular valuation but we will see.

"That part of things I am leaving to other members of the football club - the chief executive and the owner - and at the end of it all it is a matter of resolving it."

Stephen Ireland is a better player anyway! :winkold:

On the form he showed the season before last i wouldnt disagree with that statement!

so if we can get 15 million an Ireland what a good deal that would be :D

It would make me happy and from what ive read on here, about 75% of the forum would agree that it would be cracking business.

Do you trust MON to spend the so called 25 million wisely if we get it?

Would we be able to attract a player of equal quality to Milner or better with that money? After all were just a feeder club in essence as soon as anybody with financial clout comes calling we sell great message to send out to the media in regards to our champions league ambitions. Not much difference between us and the people who finished 10th, were all in the same boat the only teams that matter in this league are the top 4 and man city. The financial gap thereafter is to vast. If we fail to make any progress this season the proud history bright future we were hooked into believing under the lerner PR regime will look increasingly more bleak especially when the rest of our best assets are stripped from us under the false guise of them wanting to "win titles and trophies" when its really about the 100k a week they will be recieving in their paycheck every week. Football today is about Greed and we dont have enough money to compete.

I'd say its far better that other clubs think we only have the James Milner money rather than believing we have the Milner money on top of a nice little transfer kitty we already had set aside.

City don't increase the original offer they don't get James Milner. There is not a cat in hells chance Martin O'Neill and Randy Lerner will be **** over a barrell by these ****. I'd have hoped you'd have had more respect for Mr Lerner and Mon given everything that has happened over the last 4 years.

My views on what O'Neill says to the press have zero to do with my views on Randy they don't even relate to my views on O'Neill as a manager.

I just don't think that saying the player wants to go and we haven't any other money to spend is a very smart move in the circumstances.

I may be proven wrong we will have to see but please don't put words in my mouth that it means I have no respect for O'Neill or for Randy.

Deleted as Trent deleted his repeat question

Or we just simply say we don't need to sell (without the "bloody loaded" part) and keep people guessing. I don't see how you some to the logic that telling City we need their money will make them give us more. If they know we DON'T need the money and don't need to sell they would push the boat out to convince us, if they really wanted him.

Or we just simply say we don't need to sell (without the "bloody loaded" part) and keep people guessing. I don't see how you some to the logic that telling City we need their money will make them give us more. If they know we DON'T need the money and don't need to sell they would push the boat out to convince us, if they really wanted him.

Exactly. I just don't see the logic in it.

Rather than playing a game Trent, what if he's simply being 'gracious' enough to put the fans in the know as to what's happening, he's probably been made aware that there is intense speculation amongst us and perhaps rather than prolong any misery he's decided to just get it out there for all to know.

I'm just throwing out thoughts but I can't really see any other reason why he'd do it and he isn't a stupid man so I think that it's very much a planned announcement.

With regards Sullivan, the only game he should ever play with him is russian roulette, provided he could guarantee that he didn't lose of course :)

Feel sorry for any Villa fan who got Milner on their England top. Not that it really matters.

As soon as his name got up there, as soon as he became noticed he was out the door. I hope he gets put out on the wing, then we'll be laughing because he is dog shit out on the wing.