What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Or Villa: "We'll see about that." If Milner is smart he'll know that there is a big chance that Citeh won't want him hext summer so he might after all sign another contract. Or, if Citeh won't buy him, Chelsea might, so they can stick their £10m up where it belong. And probably where those sheiks usually use their millions.

so chelsea buy him next summer for £10m knowing we need to offload him or lose him for nothing the next year?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm questioning the footballing reason to why he wants to leave our club;

to give himself more chance of being part of a winning side?

Or very likely, sitting on citehs bench and see his own career stall. It might happen. And if he does leave for them, I hope that happens.

Or Villa: "We'll see about that." If Milner is smart he'll know that there is a big chance that Citeh won't want him hext summer so he might after all sign another contract. Or, if Citeh won't buy him, Chelsea might, so they can stick their £10m up where it belong. And probably where those sheiks usually use their millions.

so chelsea buy him next summer for £10m knowing we need to offload him or lose him for nothing the next year?

Or they come in and buy him this summer for a lot more than £10m. Maybe about £25m. I'd rather sell him to them for £25m than to citeh for the same amount. Chelsea are after him after all.

Or very likely, sitting on citehs bench and see his own career stall. It might happen. And if he does leave for them, I hope that happens.

imagine

a player wanting to go to a team who have aspirations of the title

what a terrible excuse for a human being he is

again, does this go for every player we've ever signed from a team who finished below us the previous season, have less money, and paid the player less?

imagine

again, does this go for every player we've ever signed from a team who finished below us the previous season, have less money, and paid the player less?

Doesn't say he is, but I feel very free to think badly of our stars and wish them bad luck when they leave my Aston Villa, I really do.

Or they come in and buy him this summer for a lot more than £10m. Maybe about £25m. I'd rather sell him to them for £25m than to citeh for the same amount. Chelsea are after him after all.

theyve not made a bid nor an official enquiry, so they cant be that interested knowing that hes almost certainly off to city

imagine

Doesn't say he is, but I feel very free to think badly of our stars and wish them bad luck when they leave my Aston Villa, I really do.

just as im free to think that viewpoint petty, childish and a little pathetic

nay, spurs supporter-esque

You're welcome. Hope you're having a good time up there.

And btw, about that Chelsea thing, they might be waiting behind the curtains and offer us big money if citeh tries to play mind games with us. In the end, citeh have the money and they want the player, then they can pay for him too. We won't let him go next summer for £10m.

man city gonna win premiership this season. i am just felt they destory football with money money money!

silva-toure-barry-de jong-milner more strong in attack which more threat in premiership

with back up a johnson-m johnson-viera-ireland-SWP Much option back up or rotation i wish villa got these 10 men choice in midfield. with 4 stars striker - santa cruz and tevez, abe, maybe m batoella.

Our is Downing-Petrov-NRC-Delph-Young (quality)

back up is (COUGH) bannan-osbourne-hogg-salifou-albrighton (only good players is albighton and bannan)

We should try ask m johnson - (CM) and s ireland (ACM), m richards (RB) and j hart (GK) for milner free thus will slove our midfield and right back, gk > i will take these all players.

with all fringe players + 15millions use spend 1 or 2 striker. it will still fight for top 6.

i not include sidwell as he might left too

p.s. please not fun at my english as my deaf many thank..

He isn't guaranteed anything at City as a footballer. And "being part of a winning side" - What sort of part will he play? Surely Milner would want to start each week like he does for his current club, I'm not sure you can contribute to winning trophies by not playing consistently. The only guarantee Milner has is in his salary, I believe this is the deciding factor for Milner unfortunately.

He isn't guaranteed anything at City as a footballer. And "being part of a winning side" - What sort of part will he play? Surely Milner would want to start each week like he does for his current club, I'm not sure you can contribute to winning trophies by not playing consistently. The only guarantee Milner has is in his salary, I believe this is the deciding factor for Milner unfortunately.

do you think milner doesnt think hes good enough to start every week?

every footballer thinks theyre good enough to be a starter for their new club, milner would be no different. hes not joining them thinking hes not going to play - hes joining them with the ambition of being their star player, whether or not hes right or not

I think as much as anything, today's announcement is designed to direct the frustrations of fans onto the player and away from the club.

amen to that brother :P

my feelings exactly

Spot on to both, and so it should be, as I'm sure it's been said before the club's bigger than any player....

Goodbye milner you **** judas word removed..i hope you break your legs in your first game for the camel shaggers!

Grow the **** up!

Dont tell me how to act or behave..i dont need advice from someone like you!

Yes you do

First Barry now Milner I think contracts need to be reviewed in future they benefit the player too much, contracts should all be 3/4 yrs then the club should have the option to extend it by another 1/2 years if they wish. This would stop all this crap of sell now or sell for less next season.

do you think milner doesnt think hes good enough to start every week?

every footballer thinks theyre good enough to be a starter for their new club, milner would be no different. hes not joining them thinking hes not going to play - hes joining them with the ambition of being their star player, whether or not hes right or not

And that is the point I'm trying to explain, he isn't guaranteed anything on the field at Manchester City. If he truly thinks about his options deeply, he will know City have the wealth to sign anybody and have a massive squad already. Is Milner guaranteed the time to develop at City? I would say no.

he thinks hes good enough to get the playing time

its called having ambition

maybe hes way wide of the mark and it wont happen for him, but every player wants to be at the top and wants to think theyre good enough for it. milner exemplifies that spirit, yet youd think more of him if he didnt take a chance and see if he can make it somewhere massive rather than have a comfy time of it at the villa?

he thinks hes good enough to get the playing time

its called having ambition

maybe hes way wide of the mark and it wont happen for him, but every player wants to be at the top and wants to think theyre good enough for it. milner exemplifies that spirit, yet youd think more of him if he didnt take a chance and see if he can make it somewhere massive rather than have a comfy time of it at the villa?

its more about the money with him though..