What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Why don't you just put a City top on Pete and get on with it?

He isn't guaranteed playing week in week out at Man City. That is the truth of the matter. He may play out on the right. He is distinctively average on the right. He only started to excel as a player in central midfield, and he has to compete with De Jong, Vieria, Toure and Barry for that slot.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo, quite simply, mon needs to shut the **** up and worry about doing his job properly

said it before, and ill say it again

so he should shut up and let city drag this out all summer taking the piss and signing him with only a couple of days left?

MONs interview was fully justified and makes perfect sense

telling the world milner said he wants to leave makes sense?

great bargaining point that alright

certain things need to be done behind closed doors, and this is one of them

there was no need to mention milners desire to leave until the deal was done

i think there was, milners value isnt going to decrease by £5m based on these comments is it? and as i said earlier today, if we end up stuck with him next season he cant get his ass in his hands and blame us, we all know the truth, the club dont want him to go but he does

a question got asked and MON had the decency to answer it honestly, if he'd dodged it and then this weekend sold milner fans like you would be on here berating him regardless

City are more likely to win the title this season than we are to finish in the top four and they are heading forwards - this is not the limit of their ambitions.

Any player who wants to challenge themselves at the highest level would want to play there - if Milner of for that matter Barry fails at City, they'll both know that there are clubs at our level who would very happily take them in.

Milner and Barry are in different boats.

Barry told us he wanted to leave for Champions League football and then left purely for money. Which is what makes him an utter word removed.

If Milner is leaving for money alone and is honest about it in the same way that he was honest about joining Villa for the money then there's no reason to hate.

Getting paid half as much at one club than you could earn at another isn't loyalty it's stupidity. I have a rather cushy job with decent pay, the organization I work for does a lot of positive work in the community, I have a nice office, a lot of respect and a very loyal staff under me. I'd wipe the Devils arse for twice as much money if the chance presented itself.

Ok, have I missed something? where is the interview where MON says we have a 'sell to buy' policy? I've clearly missed something

BBC Sport, on the Villa page he discusses Milner and states about selling to buy half way throughout.

Im clearly being really stupid here as I have read and re-read and csnt't see where he mentions having to 'sell to buy' im confused? haha!

Why don't you just put a City top on Pete and get on with it?

He isn't guaranteed playing week in week out at Man City. That is the truth of the matter. He may play out on the right. He is distinctively average on the right. He only started to excel as a player in central midfield, and he has to compete with De Jong, Vieria, Toure and Barry for that slot.

coz im a villa supporter not a city supporter? im just not pathetic enough to begrudge any of our players a shot with a team who are going to be title contenders in the near future

we arent. we cant offer it. simple as that

no beef with anyone moving from villa to city

id have a problem with them moving to sunderland for twice their wage though, that has no footballing merits

dont know where to start with this one,its a dead on that jimmy is off now to the riches of city, i think mon did a great piece of buissness in signing jm & replacing jm with a scott parker is a bad investment,mon should go for o'hara, very much like millner with a great ethic in midfield..... imho i think millner wont be that hard to replace,his mid season form was very ordinary & looked very much like a winger in the middle, did we miss barry? no.

Goodbye milner you **** judas word removed..i hope you break your legs in your first game for the camel shaggers!

Grow the **** up!

very much this

as this as this could possibly get

And i guess you wish him all the best at his new club ??

i think there was, milners value isnt going to decrease by £5m based on these comments is it?

it might

city "£25m and thats it"

villa " we want £30m"

city "yeah but we know that the player doent want to stay, and that hes only got 2 years on his contract as well as stating he wont sign a new one, so take £25m now, or take the £10m we'll offer next season when you need to sell to make anything from him"

villa "****"

We should give Man City a deadline date on when we'd sell him.

Trouble is they could leave it till the last day, and we wouldnt then have time to get in our replacements. 30m by the end of the month or piss off.

There's no reasonable footballing explanation for him to say he wanted to leave after a great personal season

are you mental? of course there is! hes gonna be playing with a far higher calibre of player, and have infinitely more chance of winning something at city than at villa

how is that not a reasonable footballing explanation?

He isn't guaranteed anything at City.
he is

higher quality team mates and the chance to be part ofd a squad more likely to win something than villa

if you claim you cant see that youre either lying or delusional

He isn't, if you analyze his position at this club as a footballer and what he has achieved recently at Aston Villa, it verifies my overall view.

I'm not disputing City's ability to attract high-quality players, I couldn't do so. I'm questioning the footballing reason to why he wants to leave our club; as supporters we have a right to express our opinions, and we are extremely tribal to our club in these matters.

i think there was, milners value isnt going to decrease by £5m based on these comments is it?

it might

city "£25m and thats it"

villa " we want £30m"

city "yeah but we know that the player doent want to stay, and that hes only got 2 years on his contract as well as stating he wont sign a new one, so take £25m now, or take the £10m we'll offer next season when you need to sell to make anything from him"

villa "****"

Or Villa: "We'll see about that." If Milner is smart he'll know that there is a big chance that Citeh won't want him hext summer so he might after all sign another contract. Or, if Citeh won't buy him, Chelsea might, so they can stick their £10m up where it belong. And probably where those sheiks usually use their millions.

some people on here make me sick

the virtiol aimed at milner is disgusting

hes got the chance to sign for the most ambitious club in the world from a club who will be lucky to break the top 7 and have ballsed up 2 great chances of top 4 in a row thanks to questionable management decisions

hes not a villa fan, hes a professional footballer who wants to win things and hes got more chance of doing it at city

Is this not a simple case of Villa directing the blame towards the player before he is sold for somewhere around the £25million mark (e.g less than we were supposedly holding out for) so that they can hold up their hands and say "what could we do" in the face of any backlash?

Expect this to be done in the next few days to be honest, clearly been ongoing for some time.

Glad to see some sensible posts on here. If you listen to the full interview by MON on the BBC website you can tell MON is phrasing things in such a way as to be ambiguous as to the reasons behind the potential sale. He says Milner came to him and intimated that he wanted to go to Man City phrasing it in such a way to make it sound as though the request just came out of the blue, where as we know any approach would have had to come through the club first and we would have to have asked Milner if he was interested. If we weren't interested in this i doubt Milner would have even been asked if he wanted to go, he would have been told we were keeping him for another year or running down his contract.

MON says he wanted to keep Milner, but then says unfortunately we have to sell to buy, and that he wants to buy new players to strengthen the club. A bit of a dig at Randy IMO and a sure sign that we actually want to sell him from a financial point of view. I'm sure this has been on the cards ever since the "rumours" of a spat between Randy and MON and now they are just setting the scene for next week and maybe trying to redirect the blame.

If the club wanted him to go becasue they considered it a good bit of business but he refused, what would people think then?

People talk of loyalty, where is the loyalty from some of the fans in giving a player that has hardly put a foot wrong since he has been here the benefit of the doubt? But no, people are quick to judge on the basis of pretty much no evidence what so ever.