• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont mind getting the money for Milner,but these storys are just pure and utter dog shite,if Milner does move it wont be because he's handed in a transfer requset.how the papers are let print this filth is unreal, they should be sued more imo the bag of tossers..

if he was to hand a request,id let the **** stew on the bench rather than give them **** one of our best players for nothing.it wont happen though Milner doesnt seem like the sort to do that..

He handed one in to get his move to Villa...... so he is the sort im afraid !

Maybe good old Barry has told him how great it is at city, and told him about all the monye they get just to be there

maybe he has also told how difficult it was to get away, so you better give them a transfer request if you want to come to dreamland :puke:

if he was to hand a request,id let the **** stew on the bench rather than give them **** one of our best players for nothing.it wont happen though Milner doesnt seem like the sort to do that..

I didn't think he did to be honest???

It was Keegan who kicked up a fuss about not wanting to sell him but the owner did it 'behind his back' as it were!

That's not how I remember it. IIRC, he didn't want to leave Newcastle. He hasn't got this reputation as an honest and loyal man by handing in transfer requests...

Maybe good old Barry has told him how great it is at city, and told him about all the monye they get just to be there

maybe he has also told how difficult it was to get away, so you better give them a transfer request if you want to come to dreamland :puke:

I did have the same thoughts.

I still find it unbelievable that we're talking about Citeh.. nothing club.

Perhaps you need a history lesson. To be honest, I don't really see the point of the argument, as the people who are idiotic enough to post something like that about a 130 year old club probably don't have any sort of inclination to read.

It's also funny hearing that some people on here feel that the media is anti-Villa. I'm pretty sure that every single forum thinks that, including City ones.

Anyway, for that poster for mentioned £15m + Hart + Ireland; you're living in a dreamland. You have to consider the worth of any player as the percentage of your transfer budget that you will spend on them. For example, if you have a £30m budget, is Milner worth 100% of it? Probably not. However, if you have a £300m budget (and I'm pretty sure ours is around half of that), is Milner worth 10% of your budget? Probably. This is akin to Spurs paying £4m for Milner, or you guys paying £2m for him. Whilst some may find it vulgar, it is no different from how football has been working since around 1995. Was Andy Cole 'worth' £15m? No, as budget wise at the time, that was a huge percentage of their annual spending, so they settled on £7m. It's all relative.

Due to this, Milner is quite obviously a player that we desire, but if we're arguing over £5m, we can't be that keen. We are certainly not keen enough to go out and swap the best young English goalkeeper, who is pivotal to our team. Ireland you may have more of a point over, purely because he wants to leave.

The City vs Villa argument came up during the Barry saga, so I won't repeat all of it again. What I will do though, is ask all of you an honest question. With the dropping in standard of Liverpool, the renaissance of Spurs, and the huge funding given to City, would you personally back Villa to make that Champions League spot in front of City/Spurs/Liverpool/Arsenal? More importantly, would you bet your career on it?

I still find it unbelievable that we're talking about Citeh.. nothing club.

Perhaps you need a history lesson. To be honest, I don't really see the point of the argument, as the people who are idiotic enough to post something like that about a 130 year old club probably don't have any sort of inclination to read.

It's also funny hearing that some people on here feel that the media is anti-Villa. I'm pretty sure that every single forum thinks that, including City ones.

Anyway, for that poster for mentioned £15m + Hart + Ireland; you're living in a dreamland. You have to consider the worth of any player as the percentage of your transfer budget that you will spend on them. For example, if you have a £30m budget, is Milner worth 100% of it? Probably not. However, if you have a £300m budget (and I'm pretty sure ours is around half of that), is Milner worth 10% of your budget? Probably. This is akin to Spurs paying £4m for Milner, or you guys paying £2m for him. Whilst some may find it vulgar, it is no different from how football has been working since around 1995. Was Andy Cole 'worth' £15m? No, as budget wise at the time, that was a huge percentage of their annual spending, so they settled on £7m. It's all relative.

Due to this, Milner is quite obviously a player that we desire, but if we're arguing over £5m, we can't be that keen. We are certainly not keen enough to go out and swap the best young English goalkeeper, who is pivotal to our team. Ireland you may have more of a point over, purely because he wants to leave.

The City vs Villa argument came up during the Barry saga, so I won't repeat all of it again. What I will do though, is ask all of you an honest question. With the dropping in standard of Liverpool, the renaissance of Spurs, and the huge funding given to City, would you personally back Villa to make that Champions League spot in front of City/Spurs/Liverpool/Arsenal? More importantly, would you bet your career on it?

That was me. If you want Milner that badly, pay up or find another target. Dreamland? I don't think so. You'll be taking an up and coming player, yes I know he's been around a while, but he's playing at the top of his game and is one of Villa's most consistent performers. Whilst I personally don't think he's worth that much money, we don't need to sell and I'd be asking for the two players mentioned before I'd be anywhere near to thinking about selling. All you have is money. What you lack as a club is class. Sack that div Garry whotsisface and I might have a bit more respect for City.