• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming they don't have much of a market value, I do think it would be very easy to sell both of those. Whatever we think of Emile on here, he is an England striker which half of the Premier League would like to own. And Carew was being looked at by Spurs last season. Even if they no longer want him, that's a glimpse at the calibre of side that like him.

Theres no 2 ways about it BOF, Emile Heskey is a top notch footballer. I think he could have been a really good signing when O'Neil took over, but now he doesnt quite fit with our play it seems. We will get money for Heskey easily.

will Delfouneso be a 1st team regular MM?

Far more than a bit player like a Dog on a lease or the Hare in the Trap they know he is ready now and can't hold him back any longer . H

How good is he MM in your opinion? Future England No 9?

Gabby as target man doesn't fill me with confidence, unless he picks up a brain during the summer.

No Ive seen this coming a while. Im very impressed with young gabby. Hes adapted/adapting his game very well

Far more than a bit player like a Dog on a lease or the Hare in the Trap they know he is ready now and can't hold him back any longer . H

More of a natural scorer than Gabby but the big thing is he can he improve as GAbby has . I am not sure but people who know the game seem convinved

Gabby as target man doesn't fill me with confidence, unless he picks up a brain during the summer.

No Ive seen this coming a while. Im very impressed with young gabby. Hes adapted/adapting his game very well

I've seen it coming too, but he doesn't have the brain. That usually comes with experience (Heskey for example) so hopefully he's learnt whilst playing beside them.

I remain to be convinced though. Hopefully it works out, an Villa academy duo up front would be ace.

More of a natural scorer than Gabby but the big thing is he can he improve as GAbby has . I am not sure but people who know the game seem convinved

such as?

Like I said previously, Im very impressed with the way Gabby comes back each season a better player. And a notable one too. We missed him when he didnt play last season. Hopefully having grown up with him, Delboy can follow in his footsteps and I definately think we have the right manager to make sure he does.

They certainly couldn't have eased him in any more gently. It was giving me the impression they didn't rate him. It'll also be interesting to see if Weimann can repeat this season's heroics in next season's reserve league.

If Milner wants to go & I'm not convinced he does but then money talks.... then we should just cash him in for chips..... £25M + Stephen Ireland

would be good.

All the City fans I've spoken to are frustrated that Ireland hasn't played more for the 1st team, they rate him very highly.

I'm pleased to hear our kids may get more of a role next season and frankly I'd love to see those guys get a run rather than waste money elsewhere. But then again it would also be nice to complete the squad with some exotic quality. Let's hope.

I am not saying anymore on the Milner debate as it will look as if I just randomly speculating . The truth will come out if he goes but as I say at present there is no deal anywhere close nor have Villa decided to sell . If Milner says yes I want to definately go then we will sell but at our price and that price at present is only a Man City price . Unless Real Madrid or Barca decide Milner is the man which aint ever going to happen .

Next season will see subtle changes to the team I believe with Gabby becoming the target man and Delfounso playing off him plus another striker and Weimann who they really rate don't rule out Ashley Young coming inside aswell with Albrighton getting far more of a run . First of all we got to sell Heskey and Carew though but thats the thought process !

Very interesting, after this season i though Gabby might become more of a target man, changes should see us scoring more :).

I feel sorry for him really. He played left mid because that is what he was before he came to us. Unfortunately for him tonight, he couldn't get into the game becasue Gerrard and Lampard weren't in control of the midfield until the second half and by then he had committed two very silly fouls. I hope he gets a chance again but if this puts Ci£eh off then I'm pleased.

I like what MM says about only selling at our price because we have been bent over before on transfers and this will signal that we don't want to sell him by setting a ridiculously high price.

Also sounds exciting for next year with Gabby and Fonz because I think it will mean that we will play the ball along the floor a lot more, With tremendous pace in attack.

If we were hoping to get 30 mil then that 30 min world cup debut didnt help ! TBF why he is playing left mid ill never know, J Cole would have been much better.

Yup - a couple of years to change his value from £12m to £20m, and 30 minutes to change it back again.

To be fair he has had a stomach bug and lost a few pounds. I had one a couple of months ago and was the same. I couldn't have played 5 days after it knocked me around so much so I expect Milner was struggling in a WC match. Poor decision from Capello IMO.

Aston Villa ­legend Tony Morley has urged the club to KO moves from Manchester City to sign James Milner – no matter how big the offer.

And Morley, 55, part of the team that won the League title in 1981 and European Cup in 1982 also believes Milner should “show some loyalty” and turn his back on any lucrative move.

Although Milner, 24, is currently with England at the World Cup and focusing on that, immediately after he is likely to have a decision to make on his future.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill has said he does not want to lose the midfielder, who he bought from Newcastle for £12million in 2008.

But with rumours rife that moneybags City might be prepared to hike their offer up to the £30m mark for the Young Player of the Year, he may be tempted.

“What chance has Martin O’Neill got if he keeps losing his best players?” said Morley (right).

“He lost Gareth Barry last year and now he might lose Milner.

“Martin is in a catch 22 situation. His best player has been offered a massive amount of money but will the club replace him with anyone better?

“The manager has to balance things between keeping his best player who may become unhappy against selling him and making a lot of money for new signings. You don’t always know what you are getting with new ­players – but at least he knows what he is getting from James Milner.

“The bottom line is whether Milner really wants to stay and if he doesn’t, do Villa want an unhappy player at the club?”

The loyalty aspect is a valid point from Morley, whose four years at ­Villa coincided with the club’s most successful era. He was eventually forced out by ex-chairman Doug Ellis.

He believes Milner needs to show more respect to Villa, who gave him his big break when he was still a ­bit-part player at Newcastle.

“If I was James Milner I would stay at the Villa and show some loyalty,” Morley added. “He was saying he was happy at the club only a few months ago.

“He has had a great ­season, got in the England squad and now all of a ­sudden it seems like he wants to leave because Manchester City have come in.

“It is Villa who has put him on the platform he is on now. What has ­happened to loyalty?”

Intersting quotes from Morley!!! daily star with quotes shocker