What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Sorry but I'm with MON on this. Why would he publically announce that Milner wants to leave unless he was certain that is what has been established? By indicating the player wants to leave, he has lowered the value of an unhappy player.

What's Milner got to be 'angry' about? He clearly wants to leave, and MON has basically given him his wish providing a fee is agreed?

Could this be Jimmy's agent trying to stir things up even more to make sure a deal HAS to go through?

C'mon an agent wouldn't stoop that low. :angel:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Milner got to be 'angry' about? He clearly wants to leave, and MON has basically given him his wish providing a fee is agreed?

If this story in the Guardian is true then I'd suggest that James is unhappy that it has become public knowledge that he never had any intention of signing a new deal with the club despite saying, before the world cup, that he would meet with club officials and discuss his future after the world cup.

We need to get rid as soon as possible and move on. We can replace him no question, and the answer to our problems may just be in City's squad in Ireland who would be fantastic for us. I hope MON pushes for him to be part of the deal.

If this story in the Guardian is true then I'd suggest that James is unhappy that it has become public knowledge that he never had any intention of signing a new deal with the club dispite saying, before the world cup, that he would meet with club officials and discuss his future after the world cup.

Exactly. He is unhappy because he is portrayed in a bad light. He is no longer innocent, gives 100% loyalty to his club Milner. He's been identified as a greedy little bastard just like the rest of them.

Spin on that son.

Milner is angry and upset with O'Neill for suggesting that he had expressed a desire to leave during a meeting about his future before the World Cup finals. He also strongly rejected the manager's claim that he was offered a new contract with the club. Villa, however, have stood by O'Neill's interpretation of events and his comments, made during a pre-season trip to Dublin, prompted Milner to try to telephone the manager last night to seek an explanation.

There was no indication Milner had managed to get in touch with O'Neill as the situation became increasingly fraught. Milner is due to report back to Villa for pre-season training on Monday after being given an extended break following the World Cup, although the events of the past 24 hours mean that it is almost inconceivable he will join up with his team-mates at the club's Bodymoor Heath training ground.

If this is true it doesn't surprise me, was it some agents couldn't get in touch with him last summer?

He really does need to stop being so stubborn, its not back with Clough when he could ignore people until he was ready, you can get in touch with anyone these days mobile email etc, otherwise it might cost you, well Villa.

We need to get rid as soon as possible and move on. We can replace him no question, and the answer to our problems may just be in City's squad in Ireland who would be fantastic for us. I hope MON pushes for him to be part of the deal.

Who has the feeling MON will just take 30m, without getting Ireland in.

Oneill has stated that he's left it in the hands of the owner and CEO whilst he focuses on those who do want to be at the club. If Milner does want to leave then I've no problem with oneill leaving him in the cold. Though it does sound vaguely similar to what Barry said in that sun article 2 years ago.

If Randy has told MON he has to sell to buy then it could well be that MON wants to take the money. It's a shame that he's signed a few stinkers and not spent a tad more wisely as the need to sell wouldn't be so great.

Milner is good but you'd have to accept a bid of over 24m.

We need to get rid as soon as possible and move on.

I think most would agree with the above, however doesn't getting rid depend on Villa receiving an acceptable bid? The only hard offer I know of is £18m, clearly not enough. There is talk of a £24m bid, but now that Milner's request is public, how little should Villa accept? How do Villa 'get rid' if the final offer is around £20m?

Milner is angry and upset with O'Neill for suggesting that he had expressed a desire to leave during a meeting about his future before the World Cup finals. He also strongly rejected the manager's claim that he was offered a new contract with the club. Villa, however, have stood by O'Neill's interpretation of events and his comments, made during a pre-season trip to Dublin, prompted Milner to try to telephone the manager last night to seek an explanation

Well an easy way for him to resolve this is to say he wants to stay with us and will be signing a new contract if we offer him one. Given he was so quick to hear and comment about this when still on holiday it also seems he was well aware of the ongoing situation all along. I think markavfc40 has summed the position up very well.

City fans are bastards anyway, who have their own head firmly up some Sheik's arse.

heard a city fan on the radio say he was embarrassed by the new owners and there policy, and he said he wished his club were going about things in the same way Aston Villa were.

but then some fans need to be against something to keep themselves upright

One thing that really annoyes me is the way City do transfer from other Premiership clubs.

How many oversea's players have they bought by just paying the asking price and moving on,

yet when they want Barry/Lescott or Milner its a long drawn out saga, where the player ends up

asking for a move or putting in a transfer?

One thing that really annoyes me is the way City do transfer from other Premiership clubs.

How many oversea's players have they bought by just paying the asking price and moving on,

yet when they want Barry/Lescott or Milner its a long drawn out saga, where the player ends up

asking for a move or putting in a transfer?

do they really want milner? or is it more about taking him off us? could well be the later and then why not make it as long and drawn out as possible, it destroyed evertons season

Papers tomorrow are stating Man City are saying 24 million, final offer, take it or leave it..

£24m & Ireland it is then! :winkold:

It's such a shame that Ireland is such a nutjob, otherwise I'd bite citeh's hands off at that!

Will be gutted if Milner goes though, really think he'll turn into a top class CM in the next couple of seasons, probably the most likely English replacement for Gerrard/Lampard.

Well an easy way for him to resolve this is to say he wants to stay with us and will be signing a new contract if we offer him one...

Exactly. And he has NEVER said it.

Now he is angry that it has all gone public. And maybe he is angry at O'Neill but there should have been some direct communication man to man from Milner and O'Neill over this last two months instead it seems Milner's agent is handling matters and O'Neill feels no obligation to protect Milner's reputation nor his position in wanting to leave.

The agent has probably been trolling the message boards and seeing the lathering his client is receiving and is now trying to control the fall out by spinning some other tale. The one thing we know about O'Neill is that person after person after person has described him as a stand up guy and so if he says this desire to leave Villa was put on the table by Milner and his rep back in May then I accept that is exactly what happened. I believe Martin O'Neill before I believe an agent.

Absol

Well an easy way for him to resolve this is to say he wants to stay with us and will be signing a new contract if we offer him one...

Exactly. And he has NEVER said it.

Now he is angry that it has all gone public. And maybe he is angry at O'Neill but there should have been some direct communication man to man from Milner and O'Neill over this last two months instead it seems Milner's agent is handling matters and O'Neill feels no obligation to protect Milner's reputation nor his position in wanting to leave.

The agent has probably been trolling the message boards and seeing the lathering his client is receiving and is now trying to control the fall out by spinning some other tale. The one thing we know about O'Neill is that person after person after person has described him as a stand up guy and so if he says this desire to leave Villa was put on the table by Milner and his rep back in May then I accept that is exactly what happened. I believe Martin O'Neill before I believe an agent.

Absolutely spot on. You employed your (Mickey Mouse) agent Jimmy...now time to accept the consequences. MON and Villa are being bullied and want to sort this rapido so take your money and go north....it's been a pleasure.

Having watched the Damned United this week, Cloughie would be proud of you for this Martin

Papers tomorrow are stating Man City are saying 24 million, final offer, take it or leave it..

£24m & Ireland it is then! :winkold:

:nod: I'd accept that.

Hm, no quotes on Milner being angry, just a story. If he really is angry about it, it's like a criminal getting angry at someone turning him in and try to turn the focus away from the crime. Kind of.