• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jez, i understand where your coming from this and possibly giving us another view, however i disagree completely. Do you honestly think Milner doesn't know MON's phone number, the CEO is there to take the negotiations away from MON, so if he says that Milner does not want to negotiate then what is MON supposed to do, it works both ways. Milner had a discussion with MON pre-World Cup and possibly listened to what MON had to say but made his mind up he wanted to go, why then should MON try and persuade him, when the two years working with MON, developing his football mean't completely nothing.

Jez, i understand where your coming from this and possibly giving us another view, however i disagree completely. Do you honestly think Milner doesn't know MON's phone number, the CEO is there to take the negotiations away from MON, so if he says that Milner does not want to negotiate then what is MON supposed to do, it works both ways. Milner had a discussion with MON pre-World Cup and possibly listened to what MON had to say but made his mind up he wanted to go, why then should MON try and persuade him, when the two years working with MON, developing his football mean't completely nothing.

I'm not saying that its MON's fault i'm just putting through another view point.

You might be right **** him, said he wanted to go. But from before the world cup to now he might have changed his mind, he has said he cannot get in touch with MON fro all accounts. Agents have said this in the past they cannot get in touch with MON this i'll talk to people when i like persona springs to mind.

So once he has told MON once a month or so ago he cannot change his mind?

One player who up until this point has never caused any trouble or shown any signs of causing trouble.

One manager who has a track record of falling out with players and just ignoring them, making it seem not his fault.

There is certainly more to this, its not so clear cut.

Milner says he wants to leave to MON, thats it in MON's eyes he couldn't possibly have changed his mind and wanted to talk to MON about it, perhaps deciding he would be on the bench all the time during the World Cup.

His only contact is with our chief exec, what if he wanted to talk again to MON about the playing side?

Nope thats it, your not talking to me you've burnt your bridges.

All theoretical i know, but going by our managers past experience of being stubborn could be true.

Why does it have to be MON who has done the dirty?

From what i can gather, James Milner is now pissed off as he didnt want us fans thinking that he requested a move, MON thought **** him (and rightly so) im going to make it public and play it straight down the line saying basically ''James has asked to leave, if Man City can meet our valuation he can go''.

Milner is pissed off by all accounts because he didnt want it played out that he had requested a move.

Well done MON :clap:

Has Milner officially requested a transfer? i.e will he recieve a percentage of the fee? To say that would be a bit annoying is an understatment!

Or what if someone looking like James Milner talked to someone from the news of the world who was dressed like a sheik and the lookalike double bluffed the fake sheik into handing over one million dollars. This was then taken to the real James Milner by someone who looked like Martin O’Neill. The real James Milner wasnt sure about the one million dollars as Martin O’Neill suddenly had a Russian accent but still took the money for his signing on fee at Man City. The real Martin O’Neill got wind of this via his drone that flies regularly over his players homes, he then realised that Milner did want a move to Man City. Martin O'Neill does an interview saying that James wanted to leave the world cup, which is actually code to give the go ahead for James's assassination, James then through the papers says he is being forced out of Villa park which is actually code for you'll never find me mwah ha ha ha ha and thats where we find ourselves today.

Jesus guys its only football not an episode of spooks - Man City offer loads of money in wages and signing on fee and a large transfer fee, everyone is happy but no one wants bad pr, end of. We read the press and know most of it is made up through a 'close source' yet we still continue to read it and then make something of nothing.

One player who up until this point has never caused any trouble or shown any signs of causing trouble.

One manager who has a track record of falling out with players and just ignoring them, making it seem not his fault.

There is certainly more to this, its not so clear cut.

Milner says he wants to leave to MON, thats it in MON's eyes he couldn't possibly have changed his mind and wanted to talk to MON about it, perhaps deciding he would be on the bench all the time during the World Cup.

His only contact is with our chief exec, what if he wanted to talk again to MON about the playing side?

Nope thats it, your not talking to me you've burnt your bridges.

All theoretical i know, but going by our managers past experience of being stubborn could be true.

Why does it have to be MON who has done the dirty?

From what i can gather, James Milner is now pissed off as he didnt want us fans thinking that he requested a move, MON thought **** him (and rightly so) im going to make it public and play it straight down the line saying basically ''James has asked to leave, if Man City can meet our valuation he can go''.

Milner is pissed off by all accounts because he didnt want it played out that he had requested a move.

Well done MON :clap:

i would not be surprised if this was bang on!

Oh come on, agents trying to get in touch with MON is one thing but a player absolutely no chance. Has he changed his mind? He could easily himself (Milner) have gone to the media and said due to all speculation i want to stay at AVFC similar to what Barry did.

One would think that even if MON won't answer his phone Jimmy has the numbers of a few of the other staff (& players!) and might be able to pass on a message to MON to give him a ring about the contract. This MON won't answer his phone guff is just straw-clutching Jez.

And as for MON being pig-headed and saying once you say you want to go youre going - I seem to recall that even after Barry slated MON in the media over the Liverpool transfer and Barry was fined and banned from the training ground Barry still played pretty much every match of that season.

MON has been through all this once with Barry it dragged on for a whole season and more....

maybe he's learned a lesson & wants this resolved speedily with a quick clean exit so the club & the player can move on.

It's not the matter of Villa becoming a feeder club... EVERY club in the Premiership is potentially a feeder club for Moneybags City...

One would think that even if MON won't answer his phone Jimmy has the numbers of a few of the other staff (& players!) and might be able to pass on a message to MON to give him a ring about the contract. This MON won't answer his phone guff is just straw-clutching Jez.

And as for MON being pig-headed and saying once you say you want to go youre going - I seem to recall that even after Barry slated MON in the media over the Liverpool transfer and Barry was fined and banned from the training ground Barry still played pretty much every match of that season.

He was average that season and so will Milner be if he stays.

As i said all it is is a possible theory.

MON has a track record with falling out with players rightly or wrongly, Milner does not have a track record of being a trouble maker or a tit.

That doesn't mean he hasn't this time though...

SSN are now saying we have hung him out to dry. Errrr what

This being the same SSN, along with the same newspapers that ever since Man City expressed an interest months ago have always refered to Milner as ‘Man City target’ or ‘Milner, who looks likely to playing to playing is football at Eastlands next year……..is total bolocks…….yet another show of poor journalism.

IMO If MON had done this prior to the world cup Milner wouldn’t give a shit and would probably welcome it…..its only now he is having a hissy fit because MAYBE he has just realised that due to Man City buying Silver Ya ya Toure et al and all the other midfielders they have he might not get a game but its now to late as MON has basically come out and said ‘well you’ve had months to commit and haven’t so you can go (if price is right), so now poor Jimmy is in limbo.

Ashley Young got it right when he said ‘Why would I want to move, I’m playing regular football fo a big club’ maybe you should look at this Milner, the grass is not always greener on the other side, should I remind you of Scott Parker, Steve Sidwell, SWP, who all went to Chelsea when they were throwing money round like no ones business…..loook what happened to them.

I for one think MON is right to much player power these days about time they get knocked down a peg or too…….as for Milner……………hope your like recaro seats matey boy!!!!!!

Agree with Julie, it's all sour grapes now. Barry was great and so was Milner but the prices that have been quoted you can't really say no... and to think they will most probably be wasted on top of the 50 midfielders they already have...

SSN are now saying we have hung him out to dry. Errrr what

This being the same SSN, along with the same newspapers that ever since Man City expressed an interest months ago have always refered to Milner as ‘Man City target’ or ‘Milner, who looks likely to playing to playing is football at Eastlands next year……..is total bolocks…….yet another show of poor journalism.

It's bollocks really. I flippin' hate the media sometimes. Just drumming up more trouble.

I'd imagine Milner was quite popular in the villa dressing room and I'd imagine that the likes of young, downing, gabby, dunne, delph etc.. Wouldn't want to play for a club that forces not only their mate out but also one of the teams best players.

It would be a ridiculous move from the club to try and force him out. If true I'm sure we'll see some angry comments from other players soon.

Milner does not have a track record of being a trouble maker or a tit.

I think a few people at Newcastle would disagree about that. Milner made a fuss and forced his move to Villa for money... two years later looks like hes at it again.