The VT Baby club

kimmie

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's obvious none of you uneducated idiots have watched Dinosaur Train tsk tsk tsk.. 

I must admit, I haven't - but dinosaurs are shit anyway.

Troll Face GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by bobzy

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's obvious none of you uneducated idiots have watched Dinosaur Train tsk tsk tsk.. 

I tried to put it on for my 4 year old but he said he'd grown out of dinosaurs as they're just for little kids and massive nerds (the last bit was implied). 

:trollface:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I tried to put it on for my 4 year old but he said he'd grown out of dinosaurs as they're just for little kids and massive nerds (the last bit was implied). 

:trollface:

Yea well... you're so **** wrong.

@BOF, as a mod can we have these clowns banned please? Cheers in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea well... you're so **** wrong.

@BOF, as a mod can we have these clowns banned please? Cheers in advance. 

The lad actually loves dinosaurs and has a ridiculous amount of dinosaur toys and clothes. Will give Dinosaur Train a go this weekend. Appreciate the recommendation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Fair enough. I'll be honest I've put shows like Bluey on for the lad because I want to watch them. 

Love this from Micky Flanagan :)  (Naughty language etc)

• Like 2

On 31/03/2022 at 22:39, lapal_fan said:

1. Thomas the tank engine (pre-digital age)

2. Dinosaur Train

3. Dino Dana

4. Bluey

5. Cory Carson

There's your top 5 kids shows

😂

Yeah right, you'd obviously pick your own programmes as a top 5

=1. Justin's House

=1. Something Special

=1. Gigglequiz

=1. Higgledy House

=1.Gigglebiz

• Haha 2

Bringing this back round to Blippi - I’m amazed he ever got kids entertainment gigs. Real name Stevin John, a quick Google highlights some questionable pre-Blippi antics. Including Turdboy and a video of him sh*tting on someone’s chest! 

On 01/04/2022 at 08:53, Wainy316 said:

My boy is due in 6 weeks.  He will not be watching any of the above, he will be watching Predator and Robocop.

Mine has already watched Terminator 2. He's too young to take any of it in. But he's watched it

• Like 1

On 01/04/2022 at 10:50, Paddywhack said:

Leo, my second little Villan was born last week.

I miss sleep.

4A944400-985D-47B2-8D2D-601C99D96567.thumb.jpeg.bc3afa47225b96d5c4170c855913c046.jpeg

Great name. I wanted to call mine Leo but his mom wasn't too keen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

4 **** months tomorrow. Still not going home, and probably being transferred to a paediatric ward in the next few days as she's too old for NICU. That's going to be shit because of the one visitor at a time rule, really shit, and we went to visit it and saw she's basically going to be in a crib that looks like a cage. They have a lovely big playroom. Closed for 2 **** years because of covid, even though it's bigger than the bay.

It'll be a small relief to have a change of scenery though, we've been in low dependency for the last month, which sounds better than high dependency, but what it actually means is we're in a room full of people who are just passing through, instead of other families who really "get it". Usually babies with a little bit of jaundice, or who were a couple of weeks premature. And it's hard for anyone being in that environment when you want to be at home with a newborn, I know it sounds like a dick move to trivialise their experience which is definitely worse than the typical newborn journey, but I can't help but get just a bit angry when I hear someone distraught about being in hospital for a couple of weeks and how hard it is on them and their family. Bitch, please, we've lived here for 118 days. This is my life. 

Sounds so hard mate, sorry you're still stuck in there.

How are things with her generally? Any improvements?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's just the weight, really, she's still only 1.7kg, which puts her in the 3rd percentile for her corrected age, and because she had so much bowel removed, it's a struggle to find the right approach to feeding to get her absorbing enough to gain weight consistently, as soon as we nail that, she's coming home, but it's been the problem for the last month or so.

Other than that really good tbh, hitting all of her development milestones, and so far there's no sign of motor difficulties from her brain injury. No news is good news on that front, but we know any progress could stall and she could just hit a brick wall because of it at any point, so we're taking the wins where we can get them but until she's walking and talking, there's always going to be that nagging doubt.

Good set of bloody lungs on her though, that's for sure :D 

How are things with you and Jack? 

Ah that sounds promising! I guess the brain injury is the main concern really so if she continues to hit her milestones then it can only be good news.

I'm sure the weight will come, but sounds like a struggle!

Dunno how you're doing it to be honest mate, fair play.

Yeah Jack is great. All his niggling medical things have disappeared apart from a bit of eczema so can't complain at all. And he's just suddenly started sleeping for 8 hours at night which is a god send!

• Like 3

Â