News story of the day

BOF

9 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Apart from the random music festivals who would suffer going there?!

Still wouldn't. It's amusing how many people we pick up at the end of the first night of a weekender. "Take us to a hotel with vacancies" and these people are pissed or worse

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this awful Sarah Everard murder. 

They seemed to pick up on this policeman very quickly.  He's also been done for indecent exposure.  There is some additional story going on there I think. 

But now they've found human remains but said it's going to be very time consuming to identify them. 

Mrs Sidcow was saying that there were permanent looking portacabins on site earlier when she saw the news. 

And he's been to hospital today with some kind of head wounds. 

Anyway I wonder if a much bigger story is going to emerge out of this. 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56011789

Cartoon SuperTed set for new animation series

He was the teddy bear with magic powers who was a cartoon favourite among royal princes and a generation of children - and now SuperTed is being brought back to life once again.

More than 35 years since his last show, his creators are set to sprinkle magic dust over SuperTed again and recreate him for a new audience.

Work on new episodes is expected to start later this year.

It is hoped SuperTed will be back on TV screens by 2023.

His return will be the latest cartoon comeback.

Fireman Sam, Thomas The Tank Engine, the Care Bears, My Little Pony, Scooby Doo, Postman Pat and the Clangers have all been reinvented for 21st Century children.

SuperTed - whose most famous fans were the dukes of Cambridge and Sussex - was created by a stepfather trying to help a four-year-old sleep, who was inadvertently helped by the Beatles.

His production firm also wants Hollywood's Welsh acting stars like Michael Sheen, Rhys Ifans and Ioan Gruffudd to help narrate the revamped show and voice characters like sidekick Spotty and baddie Texas Pete.

The teddy bear - powered by Spotty's cosmic dust and Mother Nature's special powers - was beamed to 128 different countries and dubbed into 32 different languages before the last episode in 1986.

• Like 1

Oh I bloody love Iceland. I spent 2 weeks travelling around the outer rim back in May 2015.  I had days where I was sunblasted at one point to being snowed in at another.  Amazing country and super lovely people. 

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

Nothing is cool on The Sun.

There are some decent livestreams out there which are worth watching at night

Yeah, I did that last night, quite the spectacle. 

39 minutes ago, trekka said:

Oh I bloody love Iceland. I spent 2 weeks travelling around the outer rim back in May 2015.  I had days where I was sunblasted at one point to being snowed in at another.  Amazing country and super lovely people. 

Was it something I did? You never called me back.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, trekka said:

My daughter and her husband went a couple of years ago. They said the same thing - absolutely loved the place and the people (although they were shocked by the price of... well pretty much everything). 

I don't think I could stand the dark/light seasons if I lived there. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sne said:

There always is I guess but there seem to be a lot of seismic activity around the globe atm.

Europe and Atlantic Ocean:
Iceland:
Africa and Indian Ocean:
Indonesia:
  • Sinabung (Sumatra, Indonesia)
  • Dukono (Halmahera, Indonesia)
  • Ibu (Halmahera, Indonesia)
  • Merapi (Central Java, Indonesia)
  • Semeru (East Java, Indonesia)
  • Lewotolo (Lesser Sunda Islands, Indonesia)
  • Raung (East Java, Indonesia)
  • Karangetang (Siau Island, Sangihe Islands, Indonesia)
  • Soputan (North Sulawesi, Indonesia)
  • Kerinci (Sumatra, Indonesia)
  • Krakatau (Sunda Strait, Indonesia)
  • Bromo (East Java, Indonesia)
  • Sangeang Api (Indonesia)
Aleutians, Alaska and North America:
Mexico, Central America and Carribean:
South America:
Other regions:
  • Erebus (Antarctica)
  • Michael (United Kingdom, South Sandwich Is)
Pacific Ocean:
  • Kilauea (Hawai'i)
  • Yasur (Tanna Island, Vanuatu)
  • Bagana (Bougainville Island, Papua New Guinea)
  • Mauna Loa (Big Island, Hawai'i)
  • Kadovar (Northeast of New Guinea, Papua New Guinea)
  • Manam (Papua New Guinea)
  • Langila (New Britain, Papua New Guinea)
  • Gaua (Vanuatu)
  • Lopevi (Vanuatu)
Ring of Fire (Kurile Islands to Philippines):
=major eruption =erupting =minor activity / eruption warning =unrest

volcanodiscovery.com

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trekka said:

I would love to go, I'm kind of obsessed with the place.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would love to go, I'm kind of obsessed with the place.

We had cheap Icelandair flights from Birmingham and then Airb&b all around with a hire car.  It wasn't that expensive truth be told.  Some of the Airb&b places we stopped at were absolutely stunning and were fairly cheap. 

The expense comes with eating out etc but even then we found some pretty nice places that didn't break the bank. 

• Like 1

Â