FAC: Reading a Match Thread 2010/03/07 13:45

limpid

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the hysterical bleating mongs have taken over the asylum again

this is still pretty bad and depressing and everything but jesus

Nothing hysterical about it. That first half was horrendous.

What is the bets on it to be the same team and 2-0 until about 70 minutes where he brings on Delfouneso.
The way we played in the first half, I'd be happy if we are still only 2-0 behind after 70 mins. We have been really really awful. If Carew and Heskey are still our choices to partner Gabby on the opening day of next season, MON wants his head examining.

We can turn this around but not simply by shouting at the team. MON needs to change things here, we're in a mess.

IMO Downing off for Albrighton (it simply doesn't work switching him with Young, he can't play out on the right!), Young for Cuellar and Fonz for Carew.

But I BET he'll bring Sidwell on. weeps.

This aint hard

I've just read 8 pages and every fan can see what is needed.

Collins or Cueller off - Young on - give us balance

Downing off - either Albrighton or Delph on - put a player on who knows we are playing football not rugby and can actually pass forwards

One of the useless lumps of utter shite off - which ever they are both o na level with someone playing for The Yenton - and get Fonz on

BET HE DOES SOD ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game was always going to go one of two ways. We might play like a team with a hangover from last weekend or like one who were determined to get back to Wembley and put things right. For the first half it sure looks like we have gone for the first option. We have been second to every ball, have created little up front and have looked brittle at the back. Reading cearly want it more than we do. Two goals down with 45 minutes left will need a total change in our level of performance to stop this season's giant killers claiming another scalp before losing as we all know they will against Spurs or Chelsea if they overcome Portsmouth who no doubt will be the team awaiting the winners at Wembley. Don't go out like lambs Villa fight like Lions in the second half and show some will to progress in this competition. I think 2 goals will be tough to get as will be keeping a clean sheet in the second half but we should not be waving the white flag yet!

We will defo lose if we think we can carry on the way we are playing, biggest team talk of the season for MON and he will probably be congratulating the players saying how "delighted" he his that we have managed to keep it down to 2.