FAC: Reading a Match Thread 2010/03/07 13:45

limpid

Absolutely shocking. But knew it was going to be as soon as I saw that team selection. Yet again MON has picked his side by their wage bill - only reason I can possibly see for pairing JC with Heskey??

Three subs at half time - Fonz for Heskey, Delph for Carew, Luke Young on for Collins.

Agreed except i'd have Delph for Downing who has been absolutely terrible. To be fair nearly the whole team has been woeful.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carew is done here. another pathetic lazy display, hes been outmuscled every time and yet again even fails to attempt to get on the end of a ball across the 6 yard box.

heskey has been dire again. his weakness in the tackle led to the break for their 2nd. the delivery from young, downing and milner has been rubbish and broke down every attacking opportunity weve had

get fonz on, get delph on, get luke young on. get some players on who can actually be bothered. and get some new tactics MON- this hoofball and get it wide at all costs is not working with those 2 statues upfront

i bet the noses are loving this :angry:

My bluenose father in law is here watching this and loving it. He said 3-0 Reading before the game.

This is as poor as I've ever seen from Villa. Both wing backs look shaky, Reading are bossing the midfield and we are utterly toothless up front. Our passing is woeful and commitment negligable. I'll take a replay at VP now.

they need their heads rippin off at halftime, our season is really in danger of disappearing today, being torn to shreds by a mid table fizzy pop team, who to be fair are playing us off the park. Why the **** doesnt mon use his squad....

It's the FA Cup league form goes out the window

Absolute bag of wank!

Being playing like this for a while though, Reading are just taking the chances other teams miss.

Our inability to create chances from open play is embarrassing and is there for all to see!

Perhaps someone can point out to Martin he can make subs before the 70th min!

Absolutely shocking. But knew it was going to be as soon as I saw that team selection. Yet again MON has picked his side by their wage bill - only reason I can possibly see for pairing JC with Heskey??

Three subs at half time - Fonz for Heskey, Delph for Carew, Luke Young on for Collins.

You'd play the second half with one up front - the Fonz on his own?

warnock caught napping on that second goal

Again, he does it almost every week.

and agreed on this - he is the most over hyped player I've ever seen on this site - there is a reason Co;e, Bridge and Baines are ahead of him

He is distinctively average and 10% of the player Bouma was, and no better than Young at LB !

Given his offering of absolute tripe thus far in this game, i suggest he will not be too happy to go on his brnd spanking new Twitter site in a few hours....

http://twitter.com/Stephen_Warnock

Absolute joke of a first half. We have been outplayed and outbattled in every area of the pitch. A second half performance half as bad as that and we will be facing a very embarrassing defeat

Absolute disgraceful first half display. I'm a cup half full man and that was utter shite. The defence has all run to the ball for both reading goals. Heskey can't stay on his feet long enough to pick a pass and when he does it's shit. Ashley Young needs to stop **** whining and man up, actually get a cross pass the first man and stay on his feet instead of falling over at every **** oppurtunity. Warnock needs to get stuck into Kebe. It's also worth noting that Petrov looked **** after 10 minutes, either that or he just couldn't be arsed to track back, now he's tracking back to cover for Warnock but it;s too late.

Heskey has got to come off but if we replace him with Defouneso and leave Petrov as our holding centre mid we're going to ship more goals. I'd be tempted to get Delph on for Heskey and push Milner, Young and Downing right up near carew and sticke delph and Pterov as the holding men.

It's all too little too late though, we're out of the cup at half time and we deserve nothing more.

Can't describe how **** infuriated i am with that.

We're shit, simple as, there's a lesson for us here, Reading are 2-0 up and they are still attacking us. What would happen if that was us, would we be piling on the pressure looking for a third? No, we would be camped inside our own half whacking forward aimlessly in hope of a flick-on. How Emile Heskey is a pro footballer is beyond me, everyone knows Cuellar is apalling at right-back except for one person, we have barely strung 3 passes together. Reading look more like the Premier League team, they are out passing us and they want it more. I suppose it is better that we lose in order to save ourselves another Wembley disappointment, Reading deserve it more at the moment, and with MON in charge and the tactics he deploys, I can't see us winning anything or finishing in the top 4 anytime soon...

Exactly the same lack of passion and commitment as last week at Wembley.

A total shambles of a performance, we can't string 2 passes together.......... and for the record if we do pull it back then i won't take back what i say because we shouldn't even allow this situation to be happening.

Total shit!!!

Guest Ricardomeister

We have been outplayed, outpassed, outmoved, outfought and outthought tactically by a team who, although in good current form, are 1 point off relegation from the Championship.

Our 1 dimensional hoofball has been easily snuffed out tactically by a novice manager which does not say much for MON and his tactics. And every single player and member of the coaching staff should be donating his week's salary to charity unles they turn this around and get at least a draw.