• Cuéllar
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey

Has the whole 4-4-2 with petrov doesn't work been put to bed yet?

I dunno, ask yourself your the one who mentions it every time we win!

haha

you should look harder, I think you'll find other posters mention our formation and what we should play and how petrov plays.

haha

you should look harder, I think you'll find other posters mention our formation and what we should play and how petrov plays.

Then why ask the original question if you already knew the answer was 'no'. Seems a strange thing to do.

This is as pretty a comprehensive win as you'll ever see.

This.

I think Petrov works well in a 4-4-2 when we have the ball, and control the game as we did today. But if its a game where the opposition are controlling the game, and he has to close down, he will run out of energy quickly, leaving us exposed. But yeah, I thought he was superb today, as was Dunne and Luke Young. I don't understand all this Cuellar is more physical that Luke Young. Bollocks is he. If anything, Luke Young is much stronger in the tackle and can get forward. Such an underrated player for us.

Friedel - 7.5

Cuellar - 8

Dunne - 9

Collins - 8

Young - 7.5

Downing - 7.5

Petrov - 8.5

Milner - 7

Young - 7.5

Heskey - 7

Agbonlahor - 8.5

I'd give Cuellar a 7 based on his distribution/tendency to 'hoof' it today but other than that, spot on.

Yeah when we have the ball he was alot better today and played more attacking passes which got it to our attacking players earlier, I'd guess MON had said something, honestly because he tried it throughout the game and was often successful, something I've not seen often from Petrov.

However without the ball, I still get concerned once you get to the last 20 minutes.

haha

Then why ask the original question if you already knew the answer was 'no'. Seems a strange thing to do.

Not when you are always looking at trying to create arguments with people.

Very good win this afternoon, very glad Gabby is back scoring too, well done all.

Thank you Arsene Wenger

Reckon you have hit the nail on the head there,. Excellent performance, Fulham had not been beat at home since September. MOTM, Gabby for the goals, Petrov, Dunne and Young all had great games.

We need to go on a run now, reckon we will get something at Spurs but Man U is gonna be tough, we have nothing to be scared of, especially with us hopefully starting to hit some form. UTV

All I can say is "delighted"

Stuck at work without even a radio , so didn't see or hear any of the game. Had to rely on my dad for score updates.

Honestly surprised, expected a draw, so brilliant.

Can't say anymore other than great for gabby, he usually goes on scoring and non-scoring spates so hopefully more to come.

MOTM - My dad 9 (although he dropped a point for not ringing me when Bluenoses equalised

Just got home - hooray for games in SW London. Thought we were comfortably in chagre all game. Back 4 was immense and couldn't see Fulham scoring. Petrov, Young and Gabby also stood out for me. All in all a very good day topped off by Spuds conceding a last minute equaliser.

Now just to thaw out!

haha

Because these things have been discussed and many people previously have claimed we can't play 4-4-2 and petrov can't play in that system, after another good win and petrov playing well again I wondered with these claims will be put to bed.

Didn't think it was that difficult to understand really.

Excellent result and a solid performance. We outclassed Fulham but I've still got nagging doubts about the fact that we continue to look somewhat one-dimensional going forward and depend too much on crosses.

Friedel 7 - solid when called upon

Cuellar 7.5 - very much a fantastic CB playing as a full back. Some awesome defending and several crucial tackles and interceptions, but the 2nd goal aside, his distribution was pretty poor.

Dunne 9 - simply immense.

Collins 7 - generally solid.

Young 7.5 - defended well and looked dangerous going forward

Young 7 - constant threat and some excellent skill but generally disappointing final ball.

Petrov MOTM 9 - ran the show. Outstanding. Wonderful range of passing. I can't help but think that his critics don't actually watch us play too often...

Milner 6 - I'd be interested to see his passing stats. He seemed to give the ball away more often than not. Dare I say it, he's been somewhat of a passenger for the last 5 league games.

Downing 7.5 - Looked dangerous and one particularly awesome run.

Gabby 8.5 - 2 great goals and a really hardworking performance. If I were to nitpick, I'd like to see him be a bit more predatory and get himself in the box more often when our midfielders have the ball!

Heskey 7 - Held the ball up and generally linked play excellently I thought.

Quick mention for the ref - he was outstanding.

Watched the game live on tv in Australia after a night out, so apologies if this is less than coherent! Trevor Francis was the co-commentator and I have to say, he was rather complimentary about us.

Just got home - hooray for games in SW London. Thought we were comfortably in chagre all game. Back 4 was immense and couldn't see Fulham scoring. Petrov, Young and Gabby also stood out for me. All in all a very good day topped off by Spuds conceding a last minute equaliser.

Now just to thaw out!

Me too first half we were very good, i know this because i didn't see a lot of it because i was in row A and the game was up the other end. Gabby and Dunne were excellent and Downing was a million times better then against le Arse too. Luke Young was excellent to, he made 1 or 2 goal saving last ditch tackles. Im still not a big fan of Cuellar at right back, but he was great at clearing set plays.

Chant od the day, You only sing when your off side, sing when your off side.

My rationale my be crazy. but I give MOTM to Gabby. Dunne was a notch above his brilliant. Just as important, maybe more so, to the win... but Gabby was 6 notches above where he's been recently. So, I'll give him the nod.

Downing was much better today. Ashley really does seem to be doing well. I even thought Heskey did well in the very unusual role he has been given. He's sort of striker, sort of link-up man, sort of defensive mid-fielder. Strange role in a team line-up but I actually think he's doing it pretty brilliantly. He has to decide when to sacrifice one role to focus on others... requires a lot of intelligent reading of the match.