• Cuéllar
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey

a couple of notes from ESPN2's coverage from the U.S. (which was pretty good by the way) that sums up the game pretty well.

- 2 or 3 references to "brilliant passes" by Petrov

- a surprised commentator saying "I don't know what Luke Young was doing in the box" when he headed just wide, its nice to see Luke getting forward

- Downing and Young really had the commentators praising how they kept switching wings, and confusing them. Must be hard to play against.

Great game, and Dunne is really making a name for himself, getting praised the entire game and called perhaps the best buy of the season.

Has the whole 4-4-2 with petrov doesn't work been put to bed yet?

So one win in the last five games.......

Depends on if you view Heskey as playing a proper one of 2 strikers or is he taking up a deeper 4-4-1-1 position?

Not sure anyone can claim a moral (or immoral) victory on this as we will never know how the team would have done playing 4-5-1 will we.

a couple of notes from ESPN2's coverage from the U.S. (which was pretty good by the way)

I liked how the presenters back in Bristol referred to the Big 5 game following the match as a local derby (pronounced properly!) and then segued into plugging the Merseyside Derby next week.

Much as I enjoyed watching Georgie Bingham present ESPN2's football coverage, I don't think she would have done as sublime a segue as that.

Gabby deserve's special mention for mocking Fat Frank's goal celebration after the first goal. I did chuckle at that!

:D

I thought he was doing that but wasn't 100% sure at the time. Good banter.

I hope that weren't the reason! He does that celebration mainly because of his mother who died.

Although alot of others do it, so it's a fine celebration and take the mick out, as long as it's not because the reason you've stated which I'm sure it isn't. Messi etc...does it too.

Gabby deserve's special mention for mocking Fat Frank's goal celebration after the first goal. I did chuckle at that!

I hope that weren't the reason! He does that celebration mainly because of his mother who died.

Although alot of others do it, so it's a fine celebration and take the mick out, as long as it's not because the reason you've stated which I'm sure it isn't. Messi etc...does it too.

Exactly and i doubt Gabby has the intelligence to mock anyone, never mind remember to do it right after scoring.

Fulham can be tricky so this was a good win! Gabby took his second superbly.

Not sure if anyone else spotted this.. When Gab scored his first, Smalling was on his knees (after failing to stop super-gab) and just before Gab ran off to celebrate - it looked like he pushed Smalling, attempting to push him over lol :lol:

Gabby's mother isn't dead.

Was at this one and thought we controlled the game very well. 2 forward finishes from gabby ( and hopefually he will kick on now and bang a few more in the rest of the season). Dunne was immense throughout and luke young was like the energiser bunny popping up all over the place. Petrov played well in midfield ( the better of the 2 centre midfielders on the day). The second half was perfect hold what u have football and dictated the pace of the game perfectly.

Roll on spurs

Gabby's mother isn't dead.

Frank Lampard's is though

Has the whole 4-4-2 with petrov doesn't work been put to bed yet?

So one win in the last five games.......

Depends on if you view Heskey as playing a proper one of 2 strikers or is he taking up a deeper 4-4-1-1 position?

Not sure anyone can claim a moral (or immoral) victory on this as we will never know how the team would have done playing 4-5-1 will we.

We'll never know how the team would have done in a 4-5-1 but we do know that in a 4-4-2 with petrov we are in a cup final and still well in the fight for 4th place which makes all the ranting about the manager being clueless and blind for not seeing that it doesn't work look a bit silly.