• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey

haha

you should look harder, I think you'll find other posters mention our formation and what we should play and how petrov plays.

Then why ask the original question if you already knew the answer was 'no'. Seems a strange thing to do.

Because these things have been discussed and many people previously have claimed we can't play 4-4-2 and petrov can't play in that system, after another good win and petrov playing well again I wondered with these claims will be put to bed.

Didn't think it was that difficult to understand really.

I think people (including me) argued he couldn't play in the 4-4-2 system we played. Yes we play differently from how we started the season.

Dunne definately MOTM, Gabby took his goals well the second was well executed.

Petrov had a very good game IMO, his reading of the play and his "pick pocket" work was classy....Took a lot of pressure off the back four.

I don't think he is a traditional ball winner, but he is effective at what he does. I think i will nick name him "Fagin"

For Me ....Friedel - 7.5

Cuellar - 8

Dunne - 8.5

Collins - 8

Young - 8

Downing - 7

Petrov - 8

Milner - 7

Young - 7

Heskey - 6

Agbonlahor - 8

though really the second half performance should see the middle 4 and strikers lose half a point each

well 6 is an average mark and that's about what he was today ... Milner was poor today by his standards but look at the work rate he put in for example I watched him closely all match .. 3 chances on goal and he scuffed them all , couple of layoffs in the build up play , one howler on the half way line , another one on the flank where he then started pointed to the ground or something to blame it for the pass into the stands and of course he hussled Hangeland to win the throw we scored the first goal from .. if you look at the way Young and Milner charged around like lunatics or Gabby's contribution then 6 would be about all his contribution was worth , for long periods he just seemed to struggle to be involved ...

Had a heavy night last night so ended up sleeping through the whole game!

Great result though. Glad to see Gabby grab a couple of goals and we keep another clean sheet. Our defence is our massive strong point at the moment.

Looking forward to MOTD now.

My local ground & I watched the game from the Hammersmith End - not my favourite as it is full of tribal Fulham fans. Had to endure an afternoon of listening to them singing "We are Hodgson's barmy army" :lol:

It did mean I saw most of the action as Villa attacked that end in the first half, then defended in the second. I thought they let Fulham into the game too much in the second half. If they had been any good, they could have got something back.

I had a fantastic view of Gabby's goals, both of which were very well taken - anyone who maintains he "doesn't have a football brain" should have watched him today. His judgement was excellent all afternoon, both on and off the ball. It was also a joy to watch the way Downing, A Young, Milner and Agbonlahor played together, with Petrov in fine form behind them. Thought Heskey was the only one who was a bit off song.

But MOTM for me has to be Dunne, for the way he folded up Zamora, put him in his pocket, and fastened the button. What a defensive display - I don't think he put a foot wrong all afternoon.

Mustn't get too carried away, though, Fulham were really very poor. They have lost the plot badly at present.

Well done as ever to the travelling support - outsang the Fulham fans all match, and I particularly liked it when they sang "Shall we sing for you as well?" and then gave a chorus of "Hodgson's barmy army"!

just got back, just goin back out but thought i would just post on here - fantastic result i would have taken a point in a heartbeat if it was offered before the game

dunne was a monster - richard dunne m'lord was fully deserving based on his performances for us thus far

gabby made that kid man ure signed look like a clown, and i thought he put in a good all round performance like versus arsenal, only with goals this time.

collins for me was a mixed bag - some dodgy (e.g. when he almost let someone in towards the end of the first half and cuellar came round to mop up),, some excellent (e.g. couple of tackles/blocks second half). he isnt back to the standard he set before he was injured yet imo

overall, excellent first half, and second half we did what we had to do and i was never concerned that they were going to get back into it, even when they had a goal disallowed

I thought Heskey played quite well to be honest

Luke Young was brilliant as was Dunne and Gabby

Milner wasn't as good as he normally is but he still played well

Ashley looks like he's starting to get back into some form

The only things I was a bit concerned about was the way we let Fulham back into the game and Friedel looked slightly dodgy today. Oh and I think Downing needs to step up his game in the next few matches as what we have saw of him so far, is not up to his usual standards IMO

I think Downing can play a lot better than he is now, he doesn't seem to have the confidence to really take a player on or to have a shot at goal when there is a chance for him

Mustn't get too carried away, though, Fulham were really very poor. They have lost the plot badly at present.

Hadn't lost at home since September or something like that until today though.

Not long back.

Petrov was immense yet again. Thats half a dozen very good performances in the last couple of months I've seen him produce.

Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Luke Young all rock solid especially Dunne. Friedel had little to do.

Gabby took his goals superbly and Heskey once again was involved throughout. Ash and Downing always looked dangerous. Jimmy whilst not up to his usual standards grafted his arse off.

Very good performance especially first half and a thoroughly deserved three points.

Very good game. Good to see Gabby score again. Kind of weird actually because I predicted he would get a hat-trick today and he almost did! I knew I should of placed a bet on us winning and Gabby scoring.

Some Fulham fans in front of us got up at half time and left. Very odd. Also it's a shame there weren't very many Villa fans in the neutral section.

Gabby goes to 47 goals for Villa and above Darius Vassell today with those 2 goals into 47th all-time. Level with George Johnson who got his goals between 1897 & 1905.

He's now 1 behind Mark Walters, 3 behind Dean Saunders, 4 behind John Deehan & 5 behind a certain Gareth Barry.

haha

you should look harder, I think you'll find other posters mention our formation and what we should play and how petrov plays.

Then why ask the original question if you already knew the answer was 'no'. Seems a strange thing to do.

Because these things have been discussed and many people previously have claimed we can't play 4-4-2 and petrov can't play in that system, after another good win and petrov playing well again I wondered with these claims will be put to bed.

Didn't think it was that difficult to understand really.

When was the last time someone mentioned that? Weeks months ago?

Dont let that stop you from starting arguments though uh.

Dont forget to whip it out next week if we win with Petrov!

Missed the game as I had to be out all day.

Great result and, having read through the complete match thread (for the first time!), I'd like to say thanks to those who posted in it as it does give an idea of how the game went (at least allowing for people's nervousness during a game) and also that today's episode of the match thread seemed to be brought to us by the letter D :winkold:.

Looking forward to Match of the Day and I hope we're on for more than 90 seconds.

I'm on the train back. Great away performance, we were awesome first half, let them in the second half but they really didn't look like scoring. Motm for me, a close call between luke young and Dunne! Both were immense.

I have one question - the woman sat in row T, block P6, seat 131, who came on her own, she was stunning. I didn't have the balls to even talk to her

:oops:

I have one question - the woman sat in row T, block P6, seat 131, who came on her own, she was stunning. I didn't have the balls to even talk to her

You guys were making quite a racket over there. There was me sitting in P2 wishing I was over there with you.

We had to put up with a bunch of Fulham fans sitting three rows behind us shouting "rider boy". Don't know what that was all about. It's ok, they shut up once we scored.

I'm on the train back. Great away performance, we were awesome first half, let them in the second half but they really didn't look like scoring. Motm for me, a close call between luke young and Dunne! Both were immense.

I have one question - the bloke sat in row T, block P6, seat 131, who came on his own, he was stunning. I didn't have the balls to even talk to him

That was me, hi! :D