The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Fury Chisora… yawn. What’s the point? Either fight AJ (and not set silly deadlines), fight Usyk and show how good you are or fight Joe Joyce, if not just stay retired. 

Don't get the appetite for a trilogy generally - let alone when it's already 2-0, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Don't get the appetite for a trilogy generally - let alone when it's already 2-0, though.

How on earth do they sell such an event?

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would rather watch a middlesborough v Ipswich 0 - 0 from the seventies. 

At least there would have a chance of it going off but doubt Ipswich ever travelled there with any intent (Do not blame them in all fairness horrible place back then 🤣

Edited by Follyfoot

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

At least there would have a chance of it going off but doubt Ipswich ever travelled there with any intent (Do not blame them in all fairness horrible place back then 🤣

That was my point, neither team brought away fans back then. Even when we played Ipswich in the title decider at Villa Park the North Stand was full of Villa. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Fury Chisora… yawn. What’s the point? 

Two rocket polishers sorting a payday for each other. 

Be funny if Fury lost to a lucky punch from Chisora. Would serve him right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Genie said:

I just read that Jake Paul won his 6th fight, against a 47 year old ex-MMA fighter :lol: 

Absolute farce. 

Yep. It's frustrating that people give him the attention. If he's going to keep fighting retired MMA fighters, maybe he just needs to step into MMA and see how he gets on there. He's not going to get real respect until he fights someone the same age, same weight and who is a boxer by trade. Silva is a legend and is one of the greatest strikers in MMA, but he's 47 ffs (though I reckon Silva still would have demolished him in an MMA bout).

I'm also sick of people saying that he's changed the game by coming out of nowhere and is getting these "big" fights off his own back. The guy was very, very famous and was was a multimillionaire before he started boxing. The sport is dominated by money, and if you have enough of it then you can pretty much do what you want. It's not like he was a nobody who has just burst onto the scene. He's very rich and famous and has handpicked his fights against YouTubers, Basketball players and retired MMA fighters.

• Like 1

14,000 mugs in the arena to watch that shite too.

It’s a shame the Tommy Fury fight didn’t happen. Whilst TF has never looked particularly good when I’ve seen him it would have a least been a proper boxer of a similar age. Ideally Paul would have had his ass kicked and gone back to creating diss tracks on Youtube.

• Like 1

Â