The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Good big un beats a good littlun is the rule.

With regard to the betting, in no particular order so I trust Hearn, the Saudi's or Warren 😆

Bring back Mickey Duff and Mike Barrett. 😉😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Bring back Mickey Duff and Mike Barrett. 😉😉

and Mr/Mrs Malony 

• Like 1

I think Usyk will win but won't get the decision and it will be a draw, which will set up a second fight later in the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

I think Usyk will win but won't get the decision and it will be a draw, which will set up a second fight later in the year.

Everyone will complain, call the sport a disgrace, then tune in for the rematch.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Everyone will complain, call the sport a disgrace, then tune in for the rematch.

Precisely

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Wasn't they on "Mr and Mrs" one afternoon back in the day. 

'be nice to each other, gotta love one another' 😆

Just seen the public training session. Got to say Fury looks in tip top condition and very sharp with a real snap in his padwork. He actually looks a little quicker than Usyk too although the open sessions are never a true reflection of the shape for any fighter as it's generally a going through the motions session.

I do however think looking at Fury face that the loss of weight over the last 6 weeks may be slightly counter productive towards his facial tissue, which imo still looks pretty tender and loose around the eye. I've a feeling the cut will reopen during the fight and if not managed may cause him problems.

As to who wins, I've always fancied Usyk tbh but with Fury now seemingly dialled in I think this looks a much more 50/50. Either way I think Fury getting his shit together sets us up for a much more even fight than I originally thought.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder too if the weight loss will work against Fury, he should be quicker but he’ll be easier to knock down in theory.

What’s he at 18ish stone? 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I wonder too if the weight loss will work against Fury, he should be quicker but he’ll be easier to knock down in theory.

I wouldn't worry about him getting knocked down, he has a canny way of getting back up.

Fury is not getting knocked out early unless it's a freak shot, or a tko from a cut,  he may get stopped later on in the fight if he trys to match Usyks work rate.

The jabs his weapon here and if he can get some power behind it, and he does have a powerful jab, then Usyk could be found wanting.

Usyk is a great fighter but he Will not have come across a fighter like prime Fury and if he is in Good condition, ( weight loss is necessary a sign of good conditioning) then Usyk goes down in the first 4 rounds.

Watching Usyk against AJ and he fought a great fight but AJ wasn't great and even then with a bit more aggression and ring craft he could have beat Usyk.

I'm going Fury, round 3 KO.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Fury should win this comfortably.

It will take a special performance to beat Usyk "comfortably".

I think the Fury game plan will be to knock Usyk out. The kind of front  - foot boxing that bamboozled Wilder. Expect some big body - shots from Fury. That is definitely where Usyk is fragile, as we seen against Dubois, even if it was low, it wasn't in the Niagras. Let's get that right!! 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I think the Fury game plan will be to knock Usyk out. The kind of front  - foot boxing that bamboozled Wilder. Expect some big body - shots from Fury, that is definitely where Usyk is fragile, as we seen against Dubois, even if it was low, it wasn't in the Niagras, let's get that right!! 

I had the punch from Dubois as legal 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think the Fury game plan will be to knock Usyk out. The kind of front  - foot boxing that bamboozled Wilder. Expect some big body - shots from Fury, that is definitely where Usyk is fragile, as we seen against Dubois, even if it was low, it wasn't in the Niagras, let's get that right!! 

Yep.... I think Fury is planning to work the body where Usyk is questionable and I think Usyk will look to see if he can open cuts on Fury. Both will have areas they feel they can exploit against each other. 

Â