The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

What a weird parallel universe we’re in. Fury  talking up Chisora’s chances because people think he’s out of his depth and possibly going to get seriously hurt.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Bivol was a class or two above Ramirez and I think Canelo should forget about any rematch.

From a purists point of view we need to see Bivol v Beterbiev rather than Mr Ego lose again 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I wouldn't say Bivol v Beterbiev is a forgone conclusion. It's as good a match- up as Spence v Crawford, imo. 

100% agree, Mouth watering clash of  styles and a total unification, yes please

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder if bivol will go up a weight as cant see anyone beating him in this weight class?

Beterbiev says hello 18-0 18 KO 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

Do not really get these old fighters putting on these exhibition bouts. Tonight it’s Ricky Hatton’s turn with Marco Antonio Barrera. Looks in good shape  after losing four stone but is this just purely for money, of course it is. 8 2 minute rounds with no decision zzzzzz

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Do not really get these old fighters putting on these exhibition bouts. Tonight it’s Ricky Hatton’s turn with Marco Antonio Barrera. Looks in good shape  after losing four stone but is this just purely for money, of course it is. 8 2 minute rounds with no decision zzzzzz

I'd get more excitement out of watching the Test Card.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'd get more excitement out of watching the Test Card.

The cowboy in Wolverhampton city centre used to say my Mrs looked like the girl off the test card when she was younger

Pretend Boxer Tommy Fury was due to fight on the undercard for the latest joke exhibition bout in Dubai but didn’t make the weight and it’s off.

This guy works extremely hard to avoid fighting anyone doesn’t he.

Why does he bother pretending? He should just be an influencers boyfriend full time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really don't think the upcoming fight between Crawford and Avenyasan is a foregone conclusion. Make no mistake, Avenyasan is a live opponent, imo. 

Looking at the job he did on Kelly he can not be underestimated. I am sure Crawford is 100% tuned in but these sort of upsets happen after a potential mega fight falls through , after the Lord Mayor's show comes the dust cart as they say

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 16:31, Demitri_C said:

Tommy furys a coward embarrassing that he even has the dury surname in boxing. He is embarrassing the family 

I can see that if he keeps asking to be hit with a rhythm stick 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Haha 1

Â