The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Yeah, it’s scrapped. Every one of them should be paid in my opinion. 

Yeah, it's particularly hard on them, they'll have been in camp, they're not millionaires, they'll be suffering as a result of this.

The Benn family should have their hand in their pocket and if Eddie Hearn knew, which I wouldn't put past him, then he should be paying out too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, it's particularly hard on them, they'll have been in camp, they're not millionaires, they'll be suffering as a result of this.

The Benn family should have their hand in their pocket and if Eddie Hearn knew, which I wouldn't put past him, then he should be paying out too.

The fella is like Teflon. Nothing seems to stick unfortunately, He knew alright

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hearn knew in August when the result was known. As mentioned, the only reason this has been exposed is because it was leaked to the Daily Fail. Hearn and cokehead Kalle would've 100% kept this quiet. It's disgusting really. I don't care what bs Hearn tries to spin, it's a black mark against him and Matchroom for sure.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They’ll justify it by saying “ they’ll all be on the rescheduled card “ This will not be a quick process. This will need to be gone through with a fine tooth comb and absolute transparency. Next spring - if even, i reckon. Undercard fighters will have acrued training expenses and all that entails - nutritionists, sparring partners, trainer. All gotta be paid. Like a builder taking on a new plot, getting supplies from a merchants on credit and squaring up with them then when he gets paid. Fighters no different. They pay who is owed money when they get their purse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I think Chris Snr knew something. He’d heard something. Test was done weeks ago. People just didn’t pay much notice and passed it off as him being his usual eccentric self. 

And yet he was still prepared to go ahead with the bout..

It's an absolute insult to all those stricken boxers who, throughout the years, have sadly fallen on their shields. Not to mention the tragic episode with his Father and Michael Watson.

I'm appalled at the whole outcome. 

Hearn being made to look a clown in all this aswell. A mate told me that he had heard that Hearn is the one stopping Joshua Fury due to wanting to get more fights out of Joshua rather than potentially one big one, doesnt want to lose his cash cow.

21 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Hearn being made to look a clown in all this aswell. A mate told me that he had heard that Hearn is the one stopping Joshua Fury due to wanting to get more fights out of Joshua rather than potentially one big one, doesnt want to lose his cash cow.

Hearn and DAZN still has a multi fight deal with Joshua. Lose to Fury and the cash cow doesn't exist anymore. That's why it's not happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He wasn't. Chris Snr didn't want the fight to happen.

I was referring to Jr.

It's obvious now that Snr wanted the fight stopped because of the result of Benn's test but didn't want to let the cat out the bag at that time.  

5 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

have we heard anything more about Sr being sectioned or has that been proven to be bollocks?

True apparently. But meh - media have left well alone. It’s a private matter, fella lost his son too last year. Hope he’s left be. 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

No one in the media has mentioned the guys on the undercard for the Benn/Eubank fight, they are big losers too, missing out on a needed pay day. Huge disrespect and just counters that this was all about the money.

Hopefully everybody who loses out financially will be paid by Hearn / Matchroom to save them the hassle of having to sue him and Benn.

• Like 1

Â