The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Poor card, poor value for money. KB impressive and surely Khan has to call it a day now. 

I hope they both retire now , more than likely the end of khan , brook done his time and got up for this grudge match ,now time to be a pundit !

• Like 2

Was it stopped too soon?

Khan had not gone down once and had his guard up but had been hurt badly at least once in every round I think and his chances looked limited.

He also didn’t protest too much so I guess he was accepting of defeat at that point.

Impressive from Brook, he looked like he had more of a point to prove.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was it stopped too soon?

Khan had not gone down once and had his guard up but had been hurt badly at least once in every round I think and his chances looked limited.

He also didn’t protest too much so I guess he was accepting of defeat at that point.

Impressive from Brook, he looked like he had more of a point to prove.

I think the ref was right. Khan had no answer to Brook's onslaught. Imho he'd have gotten really hurt if the ref hadn't stepped in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I think the ref was right. Khan had no answer to Brook's onslaught. Imho he'd have gotten really hurt if the ref hadn't stepped in.

I thought it was a great stoppage by the ref. If he had intervened in the 5th I don't think there would have been too many complaints . Those extra pounds seemingly helped Brook more than they did Khan. The last time I seen legs that weak was when Hagler dismantled Hearns.

• Like 1

Brook absolutely battered him. At first I thought the ref was rash but when you see how bloody and battered Khan  was it was right decision.

Brook is the much better fighter, khan's finished. What was interesting was Brook calling out eubank Jr. That would be a good fight but I think eubank would be too much for Brook.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Brook absolutely battered him. At first I thought the ref was rash but when you see how bloody and battered Khan  was it was right decision.

Brook is the much better fighter, khan's finished. What was interesting was Brook calling out eubank Jr. That would be a good fight but I think eubank would be too much for Brook.

Possibly, his engine is fantastic, could be too much for Brook now but let’s be real he’s an average fighter really. Would be a much better fight than last night for sure.

Â