The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It matters to them. Some of the best fights have been the ones with nothing but pride on the line.

Well that much is very true. I'm coming round to the idea of it as entertainment, but I must admit watching the gloves are off thing, I do worry a bit for Brook, he looked a little slurry and I hope he comes out of this one without collecting anything that sticks with him.

Brook looked proper cut earlier on the weigh in, fair play to him. The only thing for me, is it seems Brook wants the fight more than Khan. If Khan still has his speed, he wins, I doubt Brook will have the timing.

Brook always seemed the sort of guy you would not shy away from in a pub if he got a bit lairy, with his squeeky voice and Demeanour. Proves you can never judge anyone by looks alone, he would destroy many a geezer.

Have great respect for both fighters, believe prime khan v Mayweather would have been great fight.

Brook has been one of my favourite fighters in last few years, too brave at times and took on some dangerous men, love for him to win this and walk away, always scares me that he will end his career with permanent damage to that eye.

Of course we would all love to have seen this a few years ago but it's still a fight that gets me excited

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Have great respect for both fighters, believe prime khan v Mayweather would have been great fight.

Brook has been one of my favourite fighters in last few years, too brave at times and took on some dangerous men, love for him to win this and walk away, always scares me that he will end his career with permanent damage to that eye.

Of course we would all love to have seen this a few years ago but it's still a fight that gets me excited

I think he may have given Mayweather a fight up to a point, but when it comes to ring IQ, Mayweather is up there with the very, very best.

Fwiw, I have a feeling Khan might just get it. He certainly looks the least worn of the two. 

Â