The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought Jacobs looked a spent fighter against Ryder. A close decision but Ryder done all his work in the later rounds so that was always going to impress the judges more. 

Good fight, really enjoyed it, Jacobs can count himself a tad unlucky, I had it as a draw personally 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is anyone bothered about Khan Brook? Would’ve been a good fight a few years ago, now absolutely not

Only due to the genuine animosity between the two

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is anyone bothered about Khan Brook? Would’ve been a good fight a few years ago, now absolutely not

I think the build up will be more interesting than the fight. Listening to two boxers that genuinely didn't like each other during their careers talk about that animosity and spite is always fascinating - watching what is pretty much two ex-fighters actually taking that to a ring could go either way. I'm sure I'll end up watching it, but it's not a fight that matters.

• Like 2

The gloves are off is a good doc to watch. Brook looked like he was close to tears when Khan was telling him how it is. This is why I think Khan will have it. He looked way cooler, so I think brook will be fighting on emotion, which is usually a bad thing.

It’s too late for this fight but if i stay in I’ll probably buy it. Interested in it, for the needle more so between them. I think Khan will win. Brook looked shot to bits against Crawford, put over with a jab. Now Khan lost to to Crawford but he hung in a bit longer. 

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s too late for this fight but if i stay in I’ll probably buy it. Interested in it, for the needle more so between them. I think Khan will win. Brook looked shot to bits against Crawford, put over with a jab. Now Khan lost to to Crawford but he hung in a bit longer. 

Its too tight to call for me. I think brook has the power to hurt khan as khan has absolutely no chin and he openly admitted it in thegloves are off  however i think brooks emotions are going to take over. He looks too angry and i think he is going to be too rash and make mistakes.

Khans got in his head and i think thats what will win it for khan. I think if this fight took place pre golovkin brook wins easy. Brook doesnt look great these days.

I personally cant stand khan and hope brook wins but i think khan will win it because brook will boxing to emotionally and not use a game plan properly. 

On 14/02/2022 at 13:52, Follyfoot said:

Good fight, really enjoyed it, Jacobs can count himself a tad unlucky, I had it as a draw personally 

He could have gone either way, tbf. You can always tell a tight decision by the way the losers team accept it. I thought Jacob's team accepted the decision with class.

On 14/02/2022 at 18:05, OutByEaster? said:

I think the build up will be more interesting than the fight. Listening to two boxers that genuinely didn't like each other during their careers talk about that animosity and spite is always fascinating - watching what is pretty much two ex-fighters actually taking that to a ring could go either way. I'm sure I'll end up watching it, but it's not a fight that matters.

It matters to them. Some of the best fights have been the ones with nothing but pride on the line.

• Like 1

Â