The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I had 50 quid on Catterill at 9-1

Sky Bet offering cash out for 475 quid with a minute left of the 12. They don’t get it wrong. 

Bent as  a nine Bob Note

Nothing worse than that feeling. I just couldn't see Cattrall getting the decision. Like I said, if he had, there couldn't have been any complaints, that's for sure. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't think it was the worst decision. If Cattrall had got it I wouldn't have complained, but he just wasn't dominant enough for me. He let Taylor dictate things in the last few rounds, and those rounds are what win close fights. Taylor was very lucky tonight, he can no longer fight at that weight, that's for sure. At times he looked totally drained of energy. 

To put it to perspective, I could never see Cattrall beating Prograis or Ramairez. Taylor was a shadow of the fighter who beat those fighters . He will definitely be counting his blessings tonight.

I’m sorry but WTF!!! Every man and his dog will tell you Jack Catterall won that fight. It actually wasn’t even close. What does not seeing Catterall beating Ramirez and Prograis have to do with anything. He was fighting Josh Taylor. And he got absolutely mugged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

it's not even really a good result for Taylor - he'll now be associated with dodgy refereeing and having promoters win fights for him - going into this he was a pure champion, skilled and a warrior - now he's gong to be forever a cheat.

115-110 to Catterall was about right imo.

Emotions are high but it’s not Taylor’s fault, I think on reflection a part of him will be just as gutted as Catterall.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No offence but did you watch the fight? 

I did. I've seen far worse decisions. Maybe because most people were expecting a walkover all the good work by Cattrall seemed a lot more intensified. It's a very subjective sport. I wasn't surprised by the decision at all.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't think it was the worst decision. If Cattrall had got it I wouldn't have complained, but he just wasn't dominant enough for me. He let Taylor dictate things in the last few rounds, and those rounds are what win close fights. Taylor was very lucky tonight, he can no longer fight at that weight, that's for sure. At times he looked totally drained of energy. 

To put it to perspective, I could never see Cattrall beating Prograis or Ramairez. Taylor was a shadow of the fighter who beat those fighters . He will definitely be counting his blessings tonight.

I know some things in sport are subjective but I can’t buy your opening here. Taylor was beat hands down. Bold onwards, I might agree with (If I knew enough).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

it's not even really a good result for Taylor - he'll now be associated with dodgy refereeing and having promoters win fights for him - going into this he was a pure champion, skilled and a warrior - now he's gong to be forever a cheat.

115-110 to Catterall was about right imo.

Even so it’s a better result for him than losing would have been.  They’ll just play all the damage limitation cards they can in the coming days and Taylor will still be 19-0 and undisputed champion next time he’s negotiating a fight. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I did. I've seen far worse decisions. Maybe because most people were expecting a walkover all the good work by Cattrall seemed a lot more intensified. It's a very subjective sport. I wasn't surprised by the decision at all.

No it didn’t. He repeatedly landed single jabs and hurt Taylor on many occasions with the jab and straight behind it. You say you weren’t surprised by the decision. What did Taylor do well ( in boxing terms ) that made you believe he won the fight.

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

How many you had sheepy, fair play to ya for typing that out whilst on the pop.

😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Even so it’s a better result for him than losing would have been.  They’ll just play all the damage limitation cards they can in the coming days and Taylor will still be 19-0 and undisputed champion next time he’s negotiating a fight. 

Don’t see him at 140 again

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Okay, yeah it’s subjective fair enough but you’re literally the only person in here or that was involved on the TV (which includes a bunch of current and ex-pro’s) who seems to think that so I really don’t know what you’ve watched but it wasn’t the same fight I / we saw sorry.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I’m sorry but WTF!!! Every man and his dog will tell you Jack Catterall won that fight. It actually wasn’t even close. What does not seeing Catterall beating Ramirez and Prograis have to do with anything. He was fighting Josh Taylor. And he got absolutely mugged.

Well the judges never, and that's what counts. I've got to get in line with your opinion.  Go and give your head a wobble.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Emotions are high but it’s not Taylor’s fault, I think on reflection a part of him will be just as gutted as Catterall.

I'm not saying it's his fault, but this will now be the thing that he's most remembered for - in ten years time where they talk about Josh Taylor, they'll talk about this decision.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not saying it's his fault, but this will now be the thing that he's most remembered for - in ten years time where they talk about Josh Taylor, they'll talk about this decision.

Yeah sorry, I replied in haste / anger and should have edited it as I think we’re on the same page and saying the same thing in slightly different ways soz.

• Like 1

Â