The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

On 04/12/2021 at 21:21, Genie said:

I have a horrible feeling he’s going to beat by the least talented Fury brother then it’s going to be 10x worse.

Fury has pulled out, probably his family not wanting the shame of him losing to a YouTuber. 

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Fury has pulled out, probably his family not wanting the shame of him losing to a YouTuber. 

Just proves to me that he didn’t fancy it in the end, I thought Paul would have won it and Tommy can get back to being a social media influencer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Just proves to me that he didn’t fancy it in the end, I thought Paul would have won it and Tommy can get back to being a social media influencer.

You can tell Tommy isn’t allowed to say or do anything unless his Dad and brother approve it. 
I reckon they took the view he was going to embarrass them and pulled him out. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights every time I’ve seen him do anything. 
They’ve made themselves look stupid, all that time calling JP out to fight him then pull out due to a “cold”.

Edited by Genie

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 08:57, sheepyvillian said:

They said that when he lost to Fury the second time. He's like a Duracell battery, who, on his day, is capable of giving any top heavyweight a fight.

But he shouldn’t be getting big fights anymore or headlining big shows. The fact he’s a ticket seller is neither here nor there. Hes lost 12 fights. Cmon. It damages Hearns brand if he keeps giving him top biling

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But he shouldn’t be getting big fights anymore or headlining big shows. The fact he’s a ticket seller is neither here nor there. Hes lost 12 fights. Cmon. It damages Hearns brand if he keeps giving him top biling

Why shouldn't he be getting big fights ? It was a great fight to watch, as are plenty of his fights. The fact he's a ticket seller means he's a promoters dream. Hearn's far from a stupid man. He wouldn't give him top billing if it didn't make financial sense. 

Credit where credits due, imo.

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Why shouldn't he be getting big fights ? It was a great fight to watch, as are plenty of his fights. The fact he's a ticket seller means he's a promoters dream. Hearn's far from a stupid man. He wouldn't give him top billing if it didn't make financial sense. 

Credit where credits due, imo.

Why ? Again, because he’s lost 12 fights. It’s ridiculous that he keeps getting big fights. Exciting as he makes it, the crux of it is, Chisora is a serial loser at world level. That’s not me having a pop. That facts are irrefutable. Parker beat him comfortably Saturday night. Everybody who watched it said the same thing about the scorecards, a joke. 

57 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Why ? Again, because he’s lost 12 fights. It’s ridiculous that he keeps getting big fights. Exciting as he makes it, the crux of it is, Chisora is a serial loser at world level. That’s not me having a pop. That facts are irrefutable. Parker beat him comfortably Saturday night. Everybody who watched it said the same thing about the scorecards, a joke. 

A good, exciting fight, regardless of the scorecards. At the end of the day a good fight is a good fight and that's what punters want to see. He might be a serial loser at World level, but he's still a decent opponent , who warrants respect, imo.

49 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

A good, exciting fight, regardless of the scorecards. At the end of the day a good fight is a good fight and that's what punters want to see. He might be a serial loser at World level, but he's still a decent opponent , who warrants respect, imo.

Absolutely agree. But he has to be stepped down on the card. Losing that many fights and continually headlining is a joke. 

• 1 month later...

Having watched the Conlan/Wood press conference, I'm now fully hoping Wood knocks him spark out. Conlan and his brother came across like two spoilt, children. A real sense of entitlement about Conlan and it really does grate on  you. Him and his brother tried to mug off Ben Davison but ended up looking like a pair of donuts. 

I like Wood , just an honest down to earth pro who appreciates his achievements. I dont think he should be underestimated in this fight at all. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They trying to hype it as much as possible but no one cares about khan vs brook. Two washed up bums fighting too late. Should have happened years ago.

Will still be a good fight as a spectacle but means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I hope Khan beats him with a boxing lesson. I believe Brook is jealous of Khans success. 

Anytime in the last 6-7 years i would have said Brook all day, now im really not sure, probably comes down to who trains the hardest for it.

Â