The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I had Brook 1-6, so just in.

As for Uysk and AJ, if there is any corruption in boxing, Uysk won't win. AJ is probably the biggest cash cow for the promoters and boxing. If he loses it'll be the end of AJ, an he won't get the fight with Fury. Boxing and Hearn will lose out big time, I just can't see that happening.

I don’t see Usyk throwing a fight, not for all the money in the world.

• Like 1

Amazing how form lines go. Whilst i don’t think Catterall beats Taylor Saturday night - interesting stat. Tom Stalker held multiple wins over Josh Taylor as an amateur, most notably commonwealth games. Stalker was touted for big things in the pro game when he turned over. Jack Catterall destroyed Stalker, stopped him and handed him his first pro loss. Stalker never did much in the pros and retired soon after. Significant ? Probably not. Taylor most likely was always suited to the pro game and he has gone to another level. 

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Amazing how form lines go. Whilst i don’t think Catterall beats Taylor Saturday night - interesting stat. Tom Stalker held multiple wins over Josh Taylor as an amateur, most notably commonwealth games. Stalker was touted for big things in the pro game when he turned over. Jack Catterall destroyed Stalker, stopped him and handed him his first pro loss. Stalker never did much in the pros and retired soon after. Significant ? Probably not. Taylor most likely was always suited to the pro game and he has gone to another level. 

The amount of talented amateurs who just couldn't take that success into the pros. Erroll Christie, George Collins and anyone  remember Audley Harrison? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Always wondered if Josh would beat Conor McGregor in a straight up boxing match. Would never happen, but be interesting.

You serious ?? Would an undisputed, undefeated world boxing champion beat a 0-1 fighter. Taylor would end it whenever he wanted. 

• Like 2

Thought his performance v Prograis was exceptional, I honestly thought he may lose. 

Catterall deserves the shot and is slippery but should, should be outclassed. However, 10-1 is talking to me

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Thought his performance v Prograis was exceptional, I honestly thought he may lose. 

Catterall deserves the shot and is slippery but should, should be outclassed. However, 10-1 is talking to me

As soon as Cattrall feels them body shots, he will realise what a special talent he is in the ring with. Taylor by 6rnd stoppage. 

DAZN , who said they would never enter the PPV market with their streaming service have announced Canelo V Bivol live on DAZN PPV for 60 dollars, in May. If Canelo wins he’ll fight Golovkin also on PPV in September. The PPV model does not apply to the UK. If you are a subscriber, it will be just part of the normal subscription.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

DAZN , who said they would never enter the PPV market with their streaming service have announced Canelo V Bivol live on DAZN PPV for 60 dollars, in May. If Canelo wins he’ll fight Golovkin also on PPV in September. The PPV model does not apply to the UK. If you are a subscriber, it will be just part of the normal subscription.

Hearn makes Don King look half respectable. 

• Like 1

Â