The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Interesting to hear what Johnny Nelson says on ginger spices foray  into the cruiserweight division. Accused him of being exceptionally calculating in fighting a small cruiserweight, he thinks Canelo would not last five minutes with any of the top cruiserweights in the world but he’s trying to con people into believing he is a genuine contender at that weight. He thinks Canelo will get bullied by the bigger cruiser’s

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Interesting to hear what Johnny Nelson says on ginger spices foray  into the cruiserweight division. Accused him of being exceptionally calculating in fighting a small cruiserweight, he thinks Canelo would not last five minutes with any of the top cruiserweights in the world but he’s trying to con people into believing he is a genuine contender at that weight. He thinks Canelo will get bullied by the bigger cruiser’s

It's true. The man is becoming a gimmick.

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The Lopez defeat is an ample lesson to any boxer looking past his opponent. 

How can you beat Lomo and then lose to Kambosos? Nice to see Lopez and his father eat some humble pie.

It’s definitely humbling. Kambosos is no scrub and maybe what made Teo complacent was the lack of a name on his record. I expect them all to come out of the woodwork now to want to fight Kambosos. They been doing it already. Tank, Garcia, Haney. It’s a bit like the big dog been bet in the cup, all the other contenders suddenly perk up and fancy it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s definitely humbling. Kambosos is no scrub and maybe what made Teo complacent was the lack of a name on his record. I expect them all to come out of the woodwork now to want to fight Kambosos. They been doing it already. Tank, Garcia, Haney. It’s a bit like the big dog been bet in the cup, all the other contenders suddenly perk up and fancy it.

From now on I'm looking at attitude and not resume. 

Be interesting to see what Lopez does now, he struggled to make weight and had said he won't fight at this weight again - I wonder if he'd now be tempted to roll back on that for a rematch?

It's a really good division. Loma is still lurking and I really like Davis - could be a very interesting couple of years at lightweight.

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be interesting to see what Lopez does now, he struggled to make weight and had said he won't fight at this weight again - I wonder if he'd now be tempted to roll back on that for a rematch?

It's a really good division. Loma is still lurking and I really like Davis - could be a very interesting couple of years at lightweight.

No obligation for Kambosos to rematch Lopez. This was a mandatory not a voluntary defence. He can do as he pleases now. Lopez’s dad said they are going to 140. Fight in February and then Taylor late spring / early summer.

Good fight and so nice to see someone shut Lopez and his old man up. Davis is top quality, it's a great division and my gut feeling is that Loma works his way back to the top undisputed.

Edit.

Ps. Look up the Pulev Mir triad fight, fun finish. Short fight.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Khan v Brook to fight. Few years too late isn't it?

It is and the purse will reflect this as well. Still an interesting needle match domestic level as a curiosity

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It is and the purse will reflect this as well. Still an interesting needle match domestic level as a curiosity

If it was the Khan who beat Alexandra and the Brook who beat Porter then this would be mouthwatering instead, it's like Weetabix with sterilised milk, edible, but only if you haven't eaten for a week. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I’ll give about Khan - Brook and it’s totally irrelevant really as regards world level but I’ll still probably watch it.

Just ready it is pay for view, if I get a free stream fair enough otherwise no way

• Like 2

Apparently according to Frank Warren AJ may accept an offer to sit out the Uysk fight, so Fury can take it. Even though it's not in a AJ's nature to sit out a fight, his shrewd business acumen may take charge...............................yeah right!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why is my Google news feed constantly full of this word removed Jake Paul? 

Can someone hurry up and beat his face in so he can't talk anymore. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Why is my Google news feed constantly full of this word removed Jake Paul? 

Can someone hurry up and beat his face in so he can't talk anymore. 

I have a horrible feeling he’s going to beat by the least talented Fury brother then it’s going to be 10x worse.

I thought Yarde showed a new maturity in his victory over Arthur. I think bringing James Cook in as a trainer has paid dividends. Now, Yarde can learn how to control his aggression and open up at the right time. All those vital assets were on show last night. The light - heavyweight division is looking very juicy indeed. 

Enjoyed the Davis v Cruz fight. Very intense. I thought Davis done enough, he was certainly the slicker boxer and threw the more eye - catching shots, but Cruz is one tough hombre, trust me. He had the same facial expressions from the first round till the final bell. Those Mexicans do breed them.

Hard to see anyone beating Davis in the lightweight division. 

• Like 2

Â