The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

The face off at the Canelo-Plant weigh in was fun, they had the scales in between them after the trouble last time out, but they were chipping away at each other from either side and the guy in the suit in between them was starting to look a little nervous. Then who should step out of the shadows with a little "I got this" only Iron Mike Tyson, nudging past our man in the suit, nipping onto the scales in between the two fighters, given them the most cursory of looks that said "I dare ya" then demanding to know how much he weighed. Genius.

Canelo in six.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Here is my problem , with the work Canelo has done since the GGG fights , he has to considered one of the greatest but them two GGG fights i have him losing

Let's not forget Lara, too. And never forget the fact he's a juicer. Just look at his muscle definition. Go on YouTube and listen to triple G talking about Clenelo, cheating.

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's not forget Lara, too. And never forget the fact he's a juicer. Just look at his muscle definition. Go on YouTube and listen to triple G talking about Clenelo, cheating.

17-11 is a big margin for a split decision fight, thank the Lord such scoring would never be seen again and, oh wait a minute…..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

This may sound mad but usyk is the shot, I believe canelo can go all be the way to heavyweight, fury or anyone of size it's a nothing

If he gets the right gear down his neck he can do anything. Maybe a hit of Angel dust on his ‘tainted’ El Paso beef before the fight to give him superhuman strength? 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those few last punches Canelo gave him, you'd wanna be outta there, broke his jaw apparently. The guy is just super fit, he'll always take you in the later rounds once your worn down, was hardly touched too, Mayweather style defence, can't see anyone beating him now, mans a machine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2021 at 06:03, pete101 said:

This may sound mad but usyk is the shot, I believe canelo can go all be the way to heavyweight, fury or anyone of size it's a nothing

Next stop Cruiserweight, 200lb fighting the fella Bellew beat at Everton as few years ago but since undefeated and has stopped 25 out of 28 wins in 30 fights having lost two (his first ever professional fight and Bellew) 

Sure he will find it easy enough to put on the muscle and extra weight

A step too far? 

Edited by Follyfoot

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Next stop Cruiserweight, 200lb fighting the fella Bellew beat at Everton as few years ago but since undefeated and has stopped 25 out of 28 wins in 30 fights having lost two (his first ever professional fight and Bellew) 

Sure he will find it easy enough to put on the muscle and extra weight

A step too far? 

Since the triple G fight, who exactly as Canelo fought who could be considered an elite fighter ? Kovalov was well past his sell by date. Jacobs isn't exactly elite, but gave Canelo a decent fight. I can't believe the hype surrounding this cheating word removed, it's ridiculous. 

Great fight Crawford - Porter, 

Spoiler

Porter is no 7/1 shot against anybody ever, he lost but the price was superb value and he proved it was rubbish. Kept it very entertaining, his movement was superb but the main man never panicked found some angles and took advantage of a lapse in concentration from SP and you pay for it against Crawford, good stoppage because what was coming would have been brutal.

Let's hope we see the fight we all want to see now.

On 17/11/2021 at 15:19, sheepyvillian said:

Since the triple G fight, who exactly as Canelo fought who could be considered an elite fighter ? Kovalov was well past his sell by date. Jacobs isn't exactly elite, but gave Canelo a decent fight. I can't believe the hype surrounding this cheating word removed, it's ridiculous. 

Canelo can fight there is no doubt. People always bring up the triple GGG fight and Mayweather. He is a so much improved fighter since then. Have you actually watched him, he is a machine lately.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Canelo can fight there is no doubt. People always bring up the triple GGG fight and Mayweather. He is a so much improved fighter since then. Have you actually watched him, he is a machine lately.

I've watched how he's bulked up. I wonder how he managed that ? 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

There are rumours and some telling signs that Canelo is abusing the system illegally but no one can take away that he is an expert tactician, a supremely talented boxer. Love or loathe him, I'll never tire of watching him.

Like the rumours and telling signs of being caught, twice and blaming it on tainted 🥩 

not a fan and don’t even get me started on his promoter

Edited by Follyfoot

Â