General Chat

Stevo985

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

Kidderminster to London tomorrow Off Peak Return £42.40

There are reasonable fares if you don't have to travel peak.

I guess it’s cheaper because it’s not convenient for a lot of people, like foreign holidays in term time.

54 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

That's the sort of thing that has me convinced I don't want to be a landlord.  The wife and I had thought about investing in rental property but I just don't want the hassle.  I rented out my condo for a year about 20 years ago and got lucky and had no issues but wouldn't want to count on that.

Where's you second home, you aristocrat?

My wife plays in the Santa Fe Opera which is a 3 month summer gig.

When we were younger living in NYC pre-kids it was fine. I’d bounce in and out etc. After about 5 years have renting a place every summer we got a bit sick of it. Santa Fe is the sort of place folks have 3rd & 4th homes. Renting there in the summer became ridiculous financially. So when interest rates were really low we grabbed somewhere hoping to use it ourselves in the summer and not being aristocrats 😉 we have to rent it out.

I think we’d love to retire in Santa Fe one day so getting a foot in the door property wise seemed to make sense.

It is a ball-ache though. I don’t do well with stress.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A day spent in London on client site today. I know this of course but the cost of rail travel is absolutely horrific. I could get a flight and it would be considerably cheaper but due to flights needing MD approval I have to go the train route. Back there next week and that's another 275. 

I said this a few months back and was told not to complain because lucky to have the tube  ( i did complain about the aevice being pretty poor considering how much money is out in it)

45 minutes ago, limpid said:

Kidderminster to London tomorrow Off Peak Return £42.40

There are reasonable fares if you don't have to travel peak.

For £1.40 less you can fly from Birmingham to Ibiza

IMG-9462.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

For £1.40 less you can fly from Birmingham to Ibiza

IMG-9462.jpg

Yes, subsidising flights has to end, but I wasn't responding to this point.

Apparently the attacker had a history of "mental health issues" when are these people who let them out going to be held accountable ffs

Three beautiful lives lost that could have been potentially preventable it does boil your blood

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently the attacker had a history of "mental health issues" when are these people who let them out going to be held accountable ffs

Three beautiful lives lost that could have been potentially preventable it does boil your blood

Heard he's a 31 year old migrant from West Aftica, lived in the country for 10 years.. has a history of mental health issues but as mental health services in this country is broken because of cuts then don't know who the blame lies with at this stage.

Not surprised to see this pivot towards possibly being related to the perpetrator being mentally disturbed. It's too random, too chaotic, too unfocused to be something with a wider goal.

So I've been waiting all day for a mortgage commitment because the wife & I have finally found the perfect apartment for us after looking for over a year. I am so bloody nervous and can't concentrate. It's taking extra long time because of student celebrations and staff being off etc and she works at a bank so it's from the bank's own internal bank (hence the process is a tad slower).

I got like permanent butterflies in my stomach because I really, really just want this to cross the line and not have some left field bid come in and take this opportunity away from us.

Gaaaaah help me calm down VT, I beg thee!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Whatever happened to those kind of sketch shows? There was loads of them in the 90’s.

Big Train, Smack the Pony, Man Stroke Woman. Even stuff like Hale & Pace and Smith & Jones.

Now nothing. It’s a shame.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whatever happened to those kind of sketch shows? There was loads of them in the 90’s.

Big Train, Smack the Pony, Man Stroke Woman. Even stuff like Hale & Pace and Smith & Jones.

Fast Show & Harry Enfield too.

it’s amazing that Paul Whitehouse was a painter and decorator and he met Enfield because he was painting his house!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

it’s amazing that Paul Whitehouse was a painter and decorator and he met Enfield because he was painting his house!

Definately. It is amazing who and what you come across in this industry that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Cancel culture ennit! Imagine a program talking about a office w*** now, probably have to be said by a women, just to even things up. 😂

Â