General Chat

Stevo985

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Had a bit of a strange mystical i.t. event earlier in the week.

As I was rolling in to the office in Kidderminster the screens in the car went black. Didn’t stop the car driving but the dash is all digital and I had nothing. The phone was connected and that also switched itself off.

Got in to the office and everyone’s sat around, the internet / WiFi had just gone down. My ipad wouldn’t switch on, and wouldn’t charge. Internet and phone signal then sporadically came back and disappeared again a few times and I thought well **** this, I’ll get back out on the road and go somewhere else.

Anyhoo, just grabbed the music memory stick from the car, plugged it in to a laptop… and a whole bunch of Samsung shite is on there! Like ring tones and elevator music pap.

Aliens, man.

EMP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Because all terrorists are foreign, right?  Especially in Nottingham...

I bet they were pissed off when that child stabber in France turned out to be a Christian. 

The stuff coming out on this reminds me of that guy 18 months ago that just walked around Birmingham for 2 hours in the early hours stabbing people, who turned out to be severely mentally disturbed.

I just got stopped walking through the city by a Daily M*il "journalist", trying to find out if me or any friends know the names of anyone who died. Didn't seem at all surprised when I called him a disgusting word removed. **** vultures.

Like bobzy some of this happened maybe 90 seconds away from where I used to live, just surreal

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I just got stopped walking through the city by a Daily M*il "journalist", trying to find out if me or any friends know the names of anyone who died. Didn't seem at all surprised when I called him a disgusting word removed. **** vultures.

I was far less polite with them after the Liverpool Womens Hospital bomb. It may have included a threat to introduce the prick to assisted flying over an 8ft fence if he didn't run off company property sharpish

"Can you tell me if the passenger wore a Burkha" was the first question

They weren't the only ones...

The BBC reporter actually said "...but we're from the BBC"

Sky news got, "when I said leave the premises now, I didn't mean have a f***ing discussion first" Stupid sky News woman actually hit the kerb as she was leaving because she was driving past me pulling out her tongue at me (yes seriously!). I laughed very loudly as she completely mashed her tyre which she had to drive off the property and call a mobile tyre company :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just made the rookie mistake of looking on Twitter to see if there's any more information....Geez what a complete cesspit. Loads of people demanding to know why the news companies aren't describing the attacker(s), particularly their skin colour and/or religion then being all "how am I being racist for asking a question".

3 people have died at the hands of one man ( seemingly)  and yet the conversation is about people that post on twitter , not about the victims , the police or the event itself 

weird times we live in 

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

3 people have died at the hands of one man ( seemingly)  and yet the conversation is about people that post on twitter , not about the victims , the police or the event itself 

weird times we live in 

Was listening to Sky News' coverage earlier on - my God they are desperate for this to be flagged as a terrorist incident.  Within 2 minutes, they had stated:

"I'm not saying it's terrorism, but... <it's terrorism for me>"
"Police will be looking into his ideology"
"It MAY not be terror, but... <it's terrorism for me>"
"We cannot rule out terrorism here, even though..."

Twitter is just an amplified version of this.  It's no wonder that discussion includes this.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Was listening to Sky News' coverage earlier on - my God they are desperate for this to be flagged as a terrorist incident.  Within 2 minutes, they had stated:

"I'm not saying it's terrorism, but... <it's terrorism for me>"
"Police will be looking into his ideology"
"It MAY not be terror, but... <it's terrorism for me>"
"We cannot rule out terrorism here, even though..."

Twitter is just an amplified version of this.  It's no wonder that discussion includes this.

It was the same for the Liverpool Womens Hospital Bomb

Which wasn't officially a terrorist attack as it concerned a lone person acting alone

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was the same for the Liverpool Womens Hospital Bomb

Which wasn't officially a terrorist attack as it concerned a lone person acting alone

You can be a lone wolf terrorist. The point is the use of violence to send a political message. You don't need to part of a group to do that. If it was decided not to press for terrorist charges is more likely they couldn't definitely prove any wider aim that the act itself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If it was decided not to press for terrorist charges is more likely they couldn't definitely prove any wider aim that the act itself.

There were no charges, the bomber died and he acted on his own. It was the coroner that ruled it wasn't a terror event as there was no evidence of his motivation for the act nor was there any evidence of collusion with other parties.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

There were no charges, the bomber died and he acted on his own. It was the coroner that ruled it wasn't a terror event as there was no evidence of his motivation for the act nor was there any evidence of collusion with other parties.

Well, there you go then. They wouldn't call it terrorism because there was no evidence to make it a terrorist act - not because he acted alone.

52 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

weird times we live in 

We're not talking about the victims, the perp or the police, because, as of now, we know next to nothing about them. 

We're talking about the tweets, because they are out there, right now. 

Is that OK? 

As for this word removed, if he's decided to be a terrorist he doesn't seem to 'get' it. You want a lot of people watching, creating an image that uses the violence to send a message. Doing it in the middle of the night very early on a Tuesday in Nottingham isn't 'it', and rather than send a message he's more made the wider community confused as to what he's done and why.

Which is why it leads me to think this is a mental health thing. It's too random, too pointless. I guess maybe there's an argument it could be the actions of someone who wanted to do a terrorist act but was spooked into acting in a rush for some reason. Either way it just isn't the way you'd do something like this if the plan was to act in the name of some higher political goal. You'd do it in a busier time and place, you'd make it more horrific and more eye catching by causing more harm and making sure more people saw it.

Edited by Chindie

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

As for this word removed, if he's decided to be a terrorist he doesn't seem to 'get' it. You want a lot of people watching, creating an image that uses the violence to send a message. Doing it in the middle of the night very early on a Tuesday in Nottingham isn't 'it', and rather than send a message he's more made the wider community confused as to what he's done and why.

Which is why it leads me to think this is a mental health thing. It's too random, too pointless. I guess maybe there's an argument it could be the actions of someone who wanted to do a terrorist act but was spooked into acting in a rush for some reason. Either way it just isn't the way you'd do something like this if the plan was to act in the name of some higher political goal. You'd do it in a busier time and place, you'd make it more horrific and more eye catching by causing more harm and making sure more people saw it.

Heard one ex counter terrorist expert say that u can't read too much into the time of day of when it occurred as it's possible the perp could have been originally planning to attack during rush hour and make a statement but was instead spooked into acting sooner than intended by the authorities and brought his timeline forward.

Obviously it's all speculation at this point and my thoughts go out to people and family involved.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Heard one ex counter terrorist expert say that u can't read too much into the time of day of when it occurred as it's possible the perp could have been originally planning to attack during rush hour and make a statement but was instead spooked into acting sooner than intended by the authorities and brought his timeline forward.

Obviously it's all speculation at this point and my thoughts go out to people and family involved.

I'll be surprised if it turns out to be a terrorism attack but , tbf that's also  just me speculating 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

We're not talking about the victims, the perp or the police, because, as of now, we know next to nothing about them. 

We're talking about the tweets, because they are out there, right now. 

Is that OK? 

you are free to do what you want  , I didn't' say otherwise  , I just find it strange that people writing stuff on the internet is the topic of discussion during a "major incident" unfolding in front of our eyes 

maybe in the next match thread instead of posting on the villa game we should post about what the people at home not watching the game are posting about  :) 

I guess  I just find it weird , that's all 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

you are free to do what you want  , I didn't' say otherwise  , I just find it strange that people writing stuff on the internet is the topic of discussion during a "major incident" unfolding in front of our eyes 

maybe in the next match thread instead of posting on the villa game we should post about what the people at home not watching the game are posting about  :) 

I guess  I just find it weird , that's all 

Or maybe its because the VT OT Massive are better human beings than most, realise that the only thing worth talking about is other peoples reactions until, you know, some of them pesky facts emerge.

People in the match thread are watching / listening to something (almost) live, it isn't a valid comparison

• Thanks 1

Â