General Chat

Stevo985

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Has anyone got one of those dyson fans? They're on offer by me and I'm tempted as its getting hotter but not sure if I'm being a tart and wanting soemthing fancy looking

I’ve got one. Got one during the heatwave last year as we had a 6 month old so thought it was worth getting a quality fan to keep him cool. 

They’re very good. Are they worth the money? Probably not to be honest. I’m not sure there’s enough difference between them and a £90 tower fan to justify it. 

But if you’re getting a good price then I doubt you’ll regret it

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Has anyone got one of those dyson fans? They're on offer by me and I'm tempted as its getting hotter but not sure if I'm being a tart and wanting soemthing fancy looking

Unless they’re 90% lower than normal price, I’d avoid. I was a tart and wanted something fancy looking a couple of years ago. I’ve a £30 old school oscillating fan that does a better job than the Dyson. 

• Like 1

There’s loads of copies of the dyson fan now so probably get the same tech with a different brand much cheaper.

If I was spending a few hundred on staying cool I’d buy a portable air conditioner.

Edited by Genie

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s loads of copies of the dyson fan now so probably get the same tech with a different brand much cheaper.

How come he didn't patent it? 

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

How come he didn't patent it? 

I’m sure he did but eventually people find a way around them. Same as all the bagless cyclone vacuums out there.

Loads of “bladeless fans”on the market for a fraction of the price of the Mr Brexit’s version.

Edited by Genie

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Na i think its way over priced as most dyson things. Ive got a honeywell tower fan and ita brilliant 

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

Forget about Mr 3 houses, there’s a new baller in town.

V4E had to buy it as his wife’s arm was hurting 

wealthy-rich.gif

Just wait until @sidcow gets one to cool the cushions in the shed.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've bought a €300 fan

does it do anything better? I find tower/desks fans usually have a very short life. I killed 3 last year. The motors just burn out after a certain amount of time and they're a pain to keep clean with their blades. If the Dyson lasts 10 years then it'll pay for itself IMO. 

Â