General Chat

Stevo985

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m having a debate with my work mate who’s a very good friend of mine. He reckons musically oasis are better than the Stone Roses. I massively disagree. I also think they are far more vibrant than oasis. What does VT think? I prefer oasis but I think musically the roses are better. 

You are right Ruge imo. Mani and Reni are out of this world as a rhythm section. Squire is loads better than Noel.

There's probably a discussion over the better front man. After all Ian Brown is Marmite. Annoying as Liam may be at least he can actually sing a bit :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's probably a discussion over the better front man. After all Ian Brown is Marmite. Annoying as Liam may be at least he can actually sing a bit :)

not even close for me, saw ian brown at Manchester vs cancer a few years back (I think the year noel played solo acoustic) and he was utter dogshit, bad enough to put me off the stone roses shows, liam can be a mardy **** but when he's on it not many come close in this generation, he's a proper frontman

and you should throw Ashcroft in to the conversation @Rugeley Villa see how that goes

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I think oasis are better live or they at least come across better live. I always find the Roses sound weak and diluted live. Liam is the better frontman, but other than that I think the roses have better musicians . 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

not even close for me, saw ian brown at Manchester vs cancer a few years back (I think the year noel played solo acoustic) and he was utter dogshit, bad enough to put me off the stone roses shows, liam can be a mardy **** but when he's on it not many come close in this generation, he's a proper frontman

The Only time I've seen the Stone Roses live was at Heaton Park for the comeback. Ian Brown was off key the whole gig. It really didn't matter because every word was being belted out by the crowd. MrsVM had never seen anything like it. One of my favourite gigs for atmosphere ever to be fair. They are great despite him :D

Thing is though I haven't listened to an Oasis album for years and years and years. Whereas I had Second Coming on only the other day.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Reni, Mani and Squire are the better musicians.

Noel pens better crowd pleasers.

Ian Brown has better solo albums than Noel and he pretty much does everything.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2019 at 22:27, Xela said:

Got a week off coming up in a few weeks... rather than hang around at home I want to pull myself off somewhere else for a few days. Chance to switch off and relax without being distracted by the everyday things at home. 

Want somewhere quiet... maybe a small village with a pub. Ideally by the coast. Thinking perhaps Lincs/Yorks/Durham/Northumberland coast? Any suggestions or recommendations?

FTFY 👍🏻

• Like 1

If its just those two bands it's like a choice between a shit sandwich and a banana. Stone Roses had a few good singles and an exceptional debut. Oasis put their bins out on the right day. 

Oasis are Villatalk's favorite band and you can see why, they have scores of catchy timeless songs, and they give entertaining interviews and look like a bunch of cool dudes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Oasis are Villatalk's favorite band and you can see why, they have scores of catchy timeless songs, and they give entertaining interviews and look like a bunch of cool dudes.

Maximum trolling. 

YjDl.gif

• Like 2

You might not like them, but they're easily the most talked about band on this website, and an awful lot of people on here are big fans of them, they're just one of those bands that seem to appeal to football fans in general. I'd also say it's true to say that they have lots of catchy songs, and considering that most of them were written over twenty years ago, I think they also qualify as being somewhat timeless, people like their interviews as well, as I've seen them posted on this site with a positive reaction. Maybe it's debatable whether they look like cool dudes, but again a lot of people seem to copy their look, all these later.

I've just done a search on this site for some of the most Villatalk type bands I can think of, and Oasis have been mentioned 992 times, Radiohead 326 times, The Beatles 653 times, The Rolling Stones 170 times, Coldplay 240 times, and Nick Cave 166 times. I bet no other band comes close to Oasis for being talked about on here, not all of it positive, but for the most part they're a band that people enjoy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I've just done a search on this site for some of the most Villatalk type bands I can think of, and Oasis have been mentioned 992 times, Radiohead 326 times, The Beatles 653 times, The Rolling Stones 170 times, Coldplay 240 times, and Nick Cave 166 times. I bet no other band comes close to Oasis for being talked about on here, not all of it positive, but for the most part they're a band that people enjoy.

We also talk about Farage and vegans. Word count doesn't equal quality.

Personally, and it's purely personal preference on anything music related, I'd take Stone Roses over Oasis every time.

Neither of them come anywhere close to Primal Scream. Not even same league.

And Bobbie can't sing either.

TELEMMGLPICT000198270710_trans_NvBQzQNjv

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Oasis have been mentioned 992 times

850 of those are in the shit soft drinks named after awful bands topic

Radiohead 326 times

Add the Thom Yorke mentions and Radiohead win hands down

The Beatles 653 times

600 of those are just to troll me