General Chat

Stevo985

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bit embarrassed to admit this but i've only just found out Villa played last night. 

I was out running (club night). Back into the bar after 9.00, and read through the VT match thread. Much amusement from my mates at my increasingly loud whoops as each goal went in. And Leeds lost.  :)

• Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

I was out running (club night). Back into the bar after 9.00, and read through the VT match thread. Much amusement from my mates at my increasingly loud whoops as each goal went in. And Leeds lost.  :)

They all Leeds fans your mates then.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You cannot beat the ode Victoria sponge. Add a pot of English tea and you're in heaven.

Same as everything in this country we massed produced it for as cheap as possible and ended up with a shit product, can't remember the last time I had it, it was a blokes birthday at work today he brought one in from Tesco, I didn't touch it, instead I went for a 8 for £1 chocolate eclair, wish I hadn't bothered, **** awful

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Same as everything in this country we massed produced it for as cheap as possible and ended up with a shit product, can't remember the last time I had it, it was a blokes birthday at work today he brought one in from Tesco, I didn't touch it, instead I went for a 8 for £1 chocolate eclair, wish I hadn't bothered, **** awful

Don't think I've ever eaten a bought victoria sponge. Homemade FTW. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

None of my best mates support Villa - two WBA fans and one Sheffield United. 

Bet all three are pretty happy at the moment. West Brom top Midlands team and Sheffield united had a great season last and are doing superb again this season. Beating wolves as we speak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Now and again you can get a decent one, but obviously not a patch on home made ones. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't think I've ever eaten a bought victoria sponge. Homemade FTW. 

Not all of us have that much time on our hands!

more a case of Victoria sponge was the traditional thing you first did as a kid at home or in home economics, it's a bit simple and boring, if I'm baking at home (not often I'll admit) I'll try something I've never had before

making a cracking peach cobbler last month, spray bottle with sugar water over the crust before baking, made it crisp to perfection

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

No bullshit man! I assumed we were playing tonight. :D

Didn't realise til the highlights appeared on Youtube lunchtime today.

Disconnection has been my method of dealing with 10 years of decline.

Thought it was quiet last night. Assumed you were all watching CL.

On a better note I've been for two excellent meals in the last couple of weeks. Completely coincidentally Villa were on in the restaurant both times and we won both times.

• Like 2

In January it's my 10 year wedding anniversary, we always said we'd go to New York but having discussed it recently we both felt we'd not want to go that far away from the kids (7&5). We aren't the type of people to leave our children with people willy nilly, in their entire lives they have stayed at their nans house twice, 1 night each time.

So, what the eff can I do? 

I thought about a nice hotel in the midlands, I think she'd like a modern 5* hotel with spa day etc rather than country house, then we'd probably feel more comfortable not being at the other side of the world. 

Any ideas? 

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

In January it's my 10 year wedding anniversary, we always said we'd go to New York but having discussed it recently we both felt we'd not want to go that far away from the kids (7&5). We aren't the type of people to leave our children with people willy nilly, in their entire lives they have stayed at their nans house twice, 1 night each time.

So, what the eff can I do? 

I thought about a nice hotel in the midlands, I think she'd like a modern 5* hotel with spa day etc rather than country house, then we'd probably feel more comfortable not being at the other side of the world. 

Any ideas? 

My ma always goes to Hoar Cross Hall, which is supposed to be an excellent spa, and certainly matches your description, but I don't know how much there is for you to do there. 

• Like 1

Â