General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

She lived in rugeley for a bit in a nice house on the edge of town.

Ruge were you ever aware that Tiffany lived in Cannock at one point? 

Edited by Seat68

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

She lived in rugeley for a bit in a nice house on the edge of town.

Wolf lived in Sutton Coldfield... rented a house on the Jockey Road in Boldmere I believe. 

They used to film at the NEC so I guess they moved to the Midlands during filming

What are people's thoughts on the old window debate. We've had what time us sad clearings in the woods go to bed, which it was confirmed as me being the saddest clearing in the woods of them all. Now window open or closed at night in bed. Me personally have the window open no matter what the weather. As the cold weather draws in, this has started to cause arguments with my other half who's moaning she is cold. I sleep right next to the open window, so it's not as if she's bearing the full brunt. 

Summer=wide open 

winter = slightly open atleast. 

Mostly open all the time during the summer, but closed during the winter, just had some lovely sash windows fitted, the previous ones were victorian and useless at keeping the draught and loud neighbours shouting out.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'll be down in Southampton for most of Sunday (near the docks / cruise ships), and recommendations of what I can do to keep 2 children entertained? 

I was there the other week. We stayed on this dodgy looking road overlooking the docks. Peppa pig world is 15 minutes away and it's pretty cheap. Peppa pig is joint onto this other theme park and that's good too with some great rollercoasters.

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was there the other week. We stayed on this dodgy looking road overlooking the docks. Peppa pig world is 15 minutes away and it's pretty cheap. Peppa pig is joint onto this other theme park and that's good too with some great rollercoasters.

Oh yeah forgot about that but not sure I'll have enough time to really make the most of it.

My wife (travel agent) has a bit of a look around thing on a Cruise ship for about 4-5 hours so thinking of things near to that I could do.

Any good museums or aquariums?

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What are people's thoughts on the old window debate. We've had what time us sad clearings in the woods go to bed, which it was confirmed as me being the saddest clearing in the woods of them all. Now window open or closed at night in bed. Me personally have the window open no matter what the weather. As the cold weather draws in, this has started to cause arguments with my other half who's moaning she is cold. I sleep right next to the open window, so it's not as if she's bearing the full brunt. 

Summer=wide open 

Closed all year round. We live on a very busy main road. Traffic fumes and noise are intolerable with the window open. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Oh yeah forgot about that but not sure I'll have enough time to really make the most of it.

My wife (travel agent) has a bit of a look around thing on a Cruise ship for about 4-5 hours so thinking of things near to that I could do.

Any good museums or aquariums?

Can't help you with that I'm afraid. We only went down there for peppa pig world.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Closed all year round. We live on a very busy main road. Traffic fumes and noise are intolerable with the window open. 

We have a busy road not directly outside, but just to the right hand side a few houses up is a dual carriageway. Sometimes I'll hear lorries going by, but I'm alright with that.

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We have a busy road not directly outside, but just to the right hand side a few houses up is a dual carriageway. Sometimes I'll hear lorries going by, but I'm alright with that.

The A65 is literally the only thing I dislike about where I live - but it's a big one. Just getting in and out of the drive a busy times can take bloody ages. And 'busy times' - which used to mean morning and evening rush hours - are now pretty much all day and evening. Massive amounts of house building in the area are only going to make it even worse. It's the thing which will eventually make us move to somewhere quieter. 

Edited by mjmooney

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Summer=wide open 

Never ever ever open.  Ever.  I'm too light a sleeper, and someone walking past would wake me up.  Knowing the window is open, I would subconsciously be waiting for the next sound to arrive.  Same reason I can't sleep with a TV or radio on in the room.  One of the consequences of being on-call overnight for the past going-on 20 years.

Â