General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The A65 is literally the only thing I dislike about where I live - but it's a big one. Just getting in and out of the drive a busy times can take bloody ages. And 'busy times' - which used to mean morning and evening rush hours - are now pretty much all day and evening. Massive amounts of house building in the area are only going to make it even worse. It's the thing which will eventually make us move to somewhere quieter. 

I'd hate to live on a busy road, especially when you have kids. So you think you will eventually move then. Will you stay in the Leeds area?

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

Never ever ever open.  Ever.  I'm too light a sleeper, and someone walking past would wake me up.  Knowing the window is open, I would subconsciously be waiting for the next sound to arrive.  Same reason I can't sleep with a TV or radio on in the room.  One of the consequences of being on-call overnight for the past going-on 20 years.

Funny lot you Irish are :)

i cannot sleep with any light on or the tv. Can't even sleep with the bathroom light on.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I always ALWAYS go to sleep with a tv or radio or podcast or something on.

Then science says you're not getting the best sleep that you can.

by sleeping with the television on, you might be preventing yourself from ever reaching a deep level of sleep. As you sleep, the light receptors in your eyes will still be able to pick up the dim light from the television, even as they’re shut.

This could lead to bad nights of sleep, which will almost inevitably result in poor moods for the rest of the day.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Probably. Although whatever I have on is always on a sleep timer so it's only on for 45 minutes.

Usually it's a podcast though so no light. Just Karl Pilkington talking bollocks.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

That says "might".

I go to bed at about 11.30, get up any where from 6.30-7.00 (nipper depending).  

I always sleep well, but I'm a heavy sleeper :) (sorta fat too!)  

Just now, lapal_fan said:

That says "might".

Yes, that one internet page says 'might' ;) I wasn't going to trawl the rest.  Trust me, internet say sound/light == bad mkay.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I always ALWAYS go to sleep with a tv or radio or podcast or something on.

Same here.

I feel like if I turned everything off and said right its time to sleep now I would actually struggle sometimes.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'd hate to live on a busy road, especially when you have kids. So you think you will eventually move then. Will you stay in the Leeds area?

Oh, for sure. Ideally a slightly smaller house, but with a large garden, in a quiet area. Ideally, we'd move out into a Yorkshire Dales village, but grandchildren responsibilities will probably snooker that idea, and we'll stay close to our kids. 

My son has been told by the school to gather some stones and paint them ready for Monday. Shouldn't really teach him bad habits, but I knew where there would be some giant stones over on some wasteland that used to be a college that got demolished . It's all fenced off and next to the police station, but I thought I'd try my luck. He's made up anyway. Paint time it is.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â