General Chat

Stevo985

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Haha I am currently doing code academy its not too difficult so far. Unfortunately i am not based in brum.  

Neither am I, mate. Central London ;)

Looking for experienced Drupal back-end devs though so probably a bit soon for you.

24 minutes ago, choffer said:

Neither am I, mate. Central London ;)

Looking for experienced Drupal back-end devs though so probably a bit soon for you.

Yeah i think so choffer, but in the future when I am bit more experienced so maybe our paths might meet in the future as I am north londoner :)

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i think so choffer, but in the future when I am bit more experienced so maybe our paths might meet in the future as I am north londoner :)

Given how many of us there are down here, there really is no excuse for us not having had a VT London meet-up before now.

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can anyone tell me if they have just basically decided they want to start a completely different path in the career? I am 34 and been with the NHS for 8 years and I am just disillusioned with the NHS and the current state. The high level managers to the constant politics. My friend is the same and has now started a course in becoming a IT developer. he suggested a course for me to do as well. am strongly thinking about it. Has anyone else just chosen something similar and had success. Just a bit concerned at my age is it worth doing. 

You based in brum Dem? I'm in the same boat tbh, fed up with it all. Most colleagues are arses and the higher ups have no idea all while the crap gets filtered down to those of us keeping things running on the ground floor. Bit Jeremy thanks us for our hard work so its all ok.

28 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You based in brum Dem? I'm in the same boat tbh, fed up with it all. Most colleagues are arses and the higher ups have no idea all while the crap gets filtered down to those of us keeping things running on the ground floor. Bit Jeremy thanks us for our hard work so its all ok.

I am in London mate. i work under the Royal Free Trust, they took us over officially a year and  a half ago promising big things but they have been a disaster. We are in more debt than what we were in, and now they have decided to recruit three new high level mangers for each site under the chief executive (Chase Farm, Barnet AND Royal Free) As if we don't have enough managers in the trust :rolleyes:

I agree with you pal its same here, thats why I want out. If only the public knew what some of these people do with our tax money. What do you do there? 

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Given how many of us there are down here, there really is no excuse for us not having had a VT London meet-up before now.

Some of us were doing this 12+ years ago :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Just now, limpid said:

There's nothing new in VT land. I'm surprised there aren't more meet ups.

Quite. Given that so many of us spend so much of our time interacting day in, day out, you'd think it'd happen more. We must all be shy or something.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

3 loud bangs in Brum city centre last night apparently. There's a video doing the rounds of the third one. Nobody knows what it was bizarrely.

That's odd, hadn't heard it it till now

Just now, Chindie said:

It was probably fireworks but bloody loud over ones. There would evidence of anything else.

I just watched he video in the Birmingham mail website, certainly sounds like a bomb going off. Would have been pretty scary to hear the 3 going off.

• 3 weeks later...

The ex took the little 'un went to her sister's this afternoon for a BBQ and has decided to stay over.  Means I have the night off but have literally nothing to do. 

I would get drunk to celebrate the win today, but I've already had a couple of heavy sessions in the last week.

(couldn't decide if this was for the boring thread, the piss you off thread or the cheer you up thread, so decided to bring the general chat thread back to the first page)

Had too many beers and ciders last night and feeling the effects today. Wasn't mega drunk but any more than about 6 or 7 and I feel it badly the next day. I never sleep well after a drink and i've been in a tired daze for most of the day! i'll sleep well tonight!

Got an all dayer planned next Saturday... i'm looking forward to it and i'm not at the same time! Just don't think I can do it anymore! 

Â